ColCHS - entry sept 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Dotty12345

ColCHS - entry sept 2015

Post by Dotty12345 »

Hi, though I would set up a thread for general support and chat. My dd does not no anyone who is going so thought it would be nice to chat and share information. :D
halsteadmum72

Re: ColCHS - entry sept 2015

Post by halsteadmum72 »

Hello

We are in the same boat - my daughter doesn't know anyone either, apart from a couple of girls who started last Sept. She is our eldest, so we've not been through any of this before.

Did you receive your information pack yesterday? Talk about efficiency!
LizzyB

Post by LizzyB »

Hi there, my daughter will be going in September and travelling from Chelmsford. She also won't know a soul.
mclm

Post by mclm »

Hi.

Don't worry, ColCHS do an excellent induction programme They'll be settled in no time with a fantastic new friendship group.

I have a yr9 there so feel free to PM me if you need anything.

Congrats on your DD's.
Dotty12345

Post by Dotty12345 »

This is our first time too.. My DD is excited but very nervous... I have said to her that a lot of the girls will be in the same situation. We live in the Maldon area. yes I have got my pack... Just working my way through it... It is certainly going to be a learning curve. Xx
halsteadmum72

Post by halsteadmum72 »

Dotty12345 - we're in Halstead (as you probably guessed!). Certainly will be a learning curve, for us as much as the girls! I have heard of a couple of girls who got places who live in Totham/Wickham Bishops, so they may be on the same bus as your daughter. My daughter is more nervous about the bus journey than anything else - think we'll be taking a bus ride into Colchester in the summer holidays so she can familiarise herself with the route!
Elsiemay

Post by Elsiemay »

First timer here too with DD who doesn't know anyone either. It will encourage her to hear that most people are probably in the same situation. We are in Lexden, Colchester. Anyone close by?!

Thanks for starting the post :D
sleeplessinhalstead

Post by sleeplessinhalstead »

They all quickly get used to the journey and make friends, most children are in the same situation and even if they do know a few others, friendship groups change at that age.

Halsteadmum - I've sent you a pm re the bus.
Chidobasi

Post by Chidobasi »

Hi everyone :D same here as well,my daughter only knows just one other person who is her class mate apart from that no one else. We live in Chelmsford,is anyone from Chelmsford intending for dd to catch the train to Colchester? That's our plan just wondering if it works out better than taking the bus,anyone with experience please share :D
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Lots of girls do train into Colchester, from Manningtree and Ipswich as well as Chelmsford. The station however is not really walkable to the school so she would need to catch a public bus. First 65 (lots) or Chambers 84 (only one but cheaper) would both be OK. The school do have a student ticket scheme for the trains, I can't remember the details at present but will post if I find it.

Found, second letter from bottom.

http://www.cchsg.com/index.php/download ... or-parents" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;