The Letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Kace

Re: The Letter

Post by Kace »

Thank you, pushymother. Very much appreciated. Oh, those poor girls having to sit their exams in full school uniform! Dd1 will most likely be in a tracksuit or football kit!!! She is in the dining room according to our letter (her brother has just lent her a watch ready for next week in case there is no clock visible from her desk). I will probably go home in-between unless there are dreadful traffic problems that morning...
Not sure why I have become such a nervous wreck this time round :?
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Can anyone confirm the situation re pen/pencil. The letter states to bring both. Does it matter what is used for which paper? Can everything be done in pencil if they prefer?
I don't remember my older DCs taking pens.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Our last DC took the exam two years ago, but certainly at that time they only had to use the pencil for the VR paper (no longer relevant :) ). For the other papers they could use whichever the were more comfortable with.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Kace

Post by Kace »

I don't think it matters now because there is no longer the multiple-choice VR answer sheet that was read by computer and had to be filled in with an HB pencil.
As ToadMum says, I believe it comes down to personal preference now, but I will be sending dd1 in with both pens and pencils just in case (although she is a pencil girl through and through - despite being the first in her class to get her pen licence two years ago and having the neatest handwriting in the family whhatever medium she uses!).
Letter doesn't mention drinks, but I presume they can take a bottle of water for in the break to have with their snack? (And there's the next stressful part - what kind of snack to send in?!?!)
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

Thanks. DS would prefer to stick to pencil.
No snack decisions for us, letter states we cannot send any food unless you have a medical reason.
Kace

Post by Kace »

Yes, it was the same for ds two years ago, so at least that decision was out of my hands!
What if I send dd1 in with the wrong snack and the second paper is a disaster???!!! :wink:
optimisticmom

Post by optimisticmom »

Kace wrote:Yes, it was the same for ds two years ago, so at least that decision was out of my hands!
What if I send dd1 in with the wrong snack and the second paper is a disaster???!!! :wink:
That is so funny!! (NOT!!) I'm sure she will do well regardless of the snack....hang tight!

Optimisticmom
fausto

Post by fausto »

Just like "No Capes" in The Incredibles, No Snacks.. then you're not to blame.

My DS has already decided to advise us what we need to wear to walk the 600 paces to the School on Saturday. I wore a "lucky" shirt for DS1's test so have to whip that out. DS1 has to wear his novelty Christmas jumper. Not sure DH is going to be too chuffed as I think DS is planning some Kylie Minogue style hotpants for him, worn with a shirt and tie ! If you see us.. just smile and wave :D
Kace

Post by Kace »

Would love to see Family Fausto en route to the exams!!! :lol:
ohnoyoudidnt

Post by ohnoyoudidnt »

DD wore her school uniform last year. The school told her too. It was supposed to help psychologically and put her in the right frame of mind.

Good luck to everybody on Saturday. Its the first hurdle! lol
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now