Chelmsford 24th November!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mum2007

Chelmsford 24th November!!!

Post by Mum2007 »

My daughter will be sitting the exam on this date with many more. Does anyone know the order of papers that they will do and what we are required to take with us on the day, ie pencils.......

Also my surname is begining with 'K' would this be a morning exam or afternoon and how long would it all last.

Thanks for any replies
Karen

Post by Karen »

It will probably be same as last year: English, Maths then VR. Check the paperwork sent with your application pack or go to: www.csse.org.uk

You will find out what time the test is for your daughter by 14 November. You will get a letter which you will have to take to the test centre with you.

Best of luck
K
mum2007

Post by mum2007 »

Karen, thanks for your reply.

My daughter did the 2007 chelmsford paper last night with me under timed conditions however, she did not manage to complete the paper on time and secondly the score was out of 45. She managed to get 21/45 which is very worrying as its only 46% i think out of 100%.

do the children need to get over 80% in all 3 papers???

Post by Guest »

mum2007 wrote:Karen, thanks for your reply.

My daughter did the 2007 chelmsford paper last night with me under timed conditions however, she did not manage to complete the paper on time and secondly the score was out of 45. She managed to get 21/45 which is very worrying as its only 46% i think out of 100%.

Absolutely not! They do not have to get over 80% in all 3 papers and please don't believe anyone that tells you they do. Yes, in the VR I think they do need to get 80%+ and they need to perform quite well in the maths and english but it doesn't need to be 80%+ for all 3. I have been through this twice for CCHS now and on both occasions 80% was not required on all 3 papers (I would again say that the VR score is important though).
mum2007

Post by mum2007 »

Thanks for your quick response Guest and for making me feel better!!! As i kept thinking my daughter will never have a good chance if that was the case.
My daughter is trying for the CCHS as her second choice on the form, we have gone over areas that will be needed for the maths exam however only going through the past papers as i don't know what other books to get to practice in this short period of time left.

I understand that the VR has to be of a higher mark than maths and english papers and she seems to be doing well in practice papers over 84 %.

If you don't mind me asking did your daughters get through if so then what other practice did you do with them besides the original CSSE papers?? and a rough idea of marks would be helpful to what should be expected in maths and english.

Your guidance would be appricated.
Nervous mum
Cchs mum

scores allegedly needed

Post by Cchs mum »

Hello
My daughter is in cchs and came 18th in the exam.She got 42/45 in verbal reasoning and high 80% in both other.The reason I mention her position is that clearly the other hundred girls below her must have, by the time you get to the100-120 placings, been scoring below 75 %.The classroom chatter would suggest that some got well below that.There is also a high drop out after March with several girls refusing places in favour of private schools.There are girls in this Year's year 7 who came below 150th and still got in.So I am trying to say don't lose hope.People will scare you with lies about having to get 95% in everything. NFER are the best papers for VR and there are others which mimic this style.The tutors CD from this site is very good too.For English i made up my own b photocopying pages from classics e.g Dickens and writing questions in the style of the actual papers.Maths NFER or Bond.Good luck to you and your daughter.My daughter loves it there.
mum2007

Post by mum2007 »

Thanks so much for your kind words and information given
Karen

Post by Karen »

Anonymous wrote:
mum2007 wrote:Karen, thanks for your reply.

Absolutely not! They do not have to get over 80% in all 3 papers and please don't believe anyone that tells you they do. Yes, in the VR I think they do need to get 80%+ and they need to perform quite well in the maths and english but it doesn't need to be 80%+ for all 3. I have been through this twice for CCHS now and on both occasions 80% was not required on all 3 papers (I would again say that the VR score is important though).
I second that. M got over 80% in just one paper (maths).
:lol:

Post by Guest »

mum2007 wrote:Thanks for your quick response Guest and for making me feel better!!! As i kept thinking my daughter will never have a good chance if that was the case.
My daughter is trying for the CCHS as her second choice on the form, we have gone over areas that will be needed for the maths exam however only going through the past papers as i don't know what other books to get to practice in this short period of time left.

I understand that the VR has to be of a higher mark than maths and english papers and she seems to be doing well in practice papers over 84 %.

If you don't mind me asking did your daughters get through if so then what other practice did you do with them besides the original CSSE papers?? and a rough idea of marks would be helpful to what should be expected in maths and english.

Your guidance would be appricated.
Nervous mum

One daughter got 88% in her VR the other 84%. Both their maths and English were in the 70%'s. When my last daughter started (she is now year 8), the last girl in was placed 174th so there is room for those who don't come in the first 120. The marks for the current year 7's was considered low - take a look at under Essex - I think it is called something like "scores no names..". The link would be from around March just after the 11+ results were published. Good luck.
moved

raw scores

Post by moved »

If you go back a couple of pages on the web site you will find many results from the 2007 paper, children got in with very low scores.