SHSG/WHSG pressure

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

starshine

Re: SHSG/WHSG pressure

Post by starshine »

Another quick question if anyone can help!

We are i/c according to SHSG post code map, but we are under Essex County Council (not Southend CC) - this doesn't affect the fact we're i/c on SHSG map does it?!

We are in Leigh. Thanks.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

starshine wrote:Another quick question if anyone can help!

We are i/c according to SHSG post code map, but we are under Essex County Council (not Southend CC) - this doesn't affect the fact we're i/c on SHSG map does it?!

We are in Leigh. Thanks.
The priority area for the Southend and Westcliff grammar schools is postcodes SS0 - SS9 inclusive, so you are well in catchment. I assume that you are somewhere to the west of the Highlands estate, if you are postally Leigh but administratively Essex? A friend of mine once nearly bought a house in (?) Ewan Close, which had the boundary running through its garden :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
starshine

Post by starshine »

Spot on Toadsmum! :D

So even though I apply to Essex CC for SHSG, I'm still classed as i/c? Phew!!
starshine

Post by starshine »

I just searched the SHSG admissions criteria, and post codes SS0 - SS9 is clearly stated isn't it, so even if we were in Hadleigh (SS7) who would all apply via Essex CC, we will be in priority admission area :)

I need to stop obsessing, as I'm not holding out much hope for the results anyway, bless my DD1.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now