Wrong school address on online application form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

IndyCam

Wrong school address on online application form

Post by IndyCam »

Ok, so I have started filling in the dreaded Application Form ! On my local council's application form (we don't live in Essex), I was able to search for 'colchester royal grammar school' but it brings up the wrong address for the school as Lexden Street, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3QB.
However the address given on the CRGS school website is 6 Lexden Rd, Colchester CO3 3ND !
I immediately called the local admissions number to clarify. I was told that perhaps the school admissions database is not upto date with the latest addresses and the system does struggle a bit with out of catchment addresses!
They think there should be no problems as there is only one Colchester Royal Grammar School .They have taken my details anyway just in case!

I am worried now ! Should I make a note of this in the Comments box section (there is one after each school selection)
I very much doubt if the council would sort the address in the database by the end of the month (application submission deadline!)
KB

Re: Wrong school address on online application form

Post by KB »

I wouldn't worry. Goodness knows how they got that in the database but its clear which school they mean so I can't see what problem it could cause except if they send any 'snail mail' to the school, which seems unlikely.

Are you going to the CRGS info session? You could mention it there or if not and you are still concerned then email or telephone the school office ( they are very helpful ladies).
I would imagine that the school contacting your LEA would be more productive.

I can't see how it can cause a problem for you so I don't think you need to do anything unless you feel the need to put your mind at rest.