11+ advice for Essex newcomer

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KB

Re: 11+ advice for Essex newcomer

Post by KB »

CRGS open evening has been towards the end of the academic year ( for year 5 pupils). I think end June ish. It has not been necessary to book a place in advance.However there is a new Head Teacher just started so things might change.
Tigermama72

Post by Tigermama72 »

Thanks a lot all for your useful feedback!
crashtestdummy

Post by crashtestdummy »

Hi Tigermama72, I found staff at Waterstones in my area very knowledgeable about the 11 plus in my area. Also the 11 plus tutor group I used supplied lots of information and sample/practice tests. He told us which books were most useful for Bexley and Kent tests. Even though he is not in your area I am sure he could advise you on good material. I think his website is Name removed by Moderator. from memory. I am glad we are looking at the 11 plus in our rear view mirror now as it is a lot to put such young kids through. I was more stressed than my children who seemed far more relaxed about it. But the exam techniques can be mastered bit by bit - just start preparing early and try and make it fun with lots of praise and encouragement. And incentives! Best of luck I am sure you will be fine.
Tigermama72

Post by Tigermama72 »

Thanks CrashTestMummy. Could you please send me a DM with the name you mentioned please. Thanks so much everyone for all your valuable advice. X