Where to take the 11+ DD

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
missymoo1972

Where to take the 11+ DD

Post by missymoo1972 »

Does anyone have any experience of which school is the most organised and more relaxed out of the two southend girls schools on exam day. I was advised on this forum when my son took his to go for SHSB as it was in small groups in classrooms and very organised as opposed to WHSB which was quite chaotic and all in one hall. He had a very good experience so I wondered if there was any parents of girls with similar advice? Many thanks x
dizzyizzy65

Re: Where to take the 11+ DD

Post by dizzyizzy65 »

Hi missymoo
as far as i know only southend has places left now. If you go on csse website it should be able to confirm this. They are offering an alternative date (about 10 days later ) Good Luck
missymoo1972

Post by missymoo1972 »

Sorry I meant to say its not till next year, I'm just thinking ahead having just done the visits! x
dizzyizzy65

Post by dizzyizzy65 »

i have booked my daughter into shoebury high as it is a smaller total taking test and on speaking to parents over last two years the smaller schools seem to be more organised and less stressful for our dc.
my dd1 sat the test two years ago at whsg and she was traumatised with it all it was literally like a cattle market hence why i have done a bit of reaearch this time round.
i have heard that shsg is better organised than whsg.
good luck with whatever you choose
:D
missymoo1972

Post by missymoo1972 »

Thank you! Good luck! X
kg309

Post by kg309 »

My son is at WHSB. He sat in 2015 and it was registration in the hall and then sat in smaller groups in classrooms. I am hoping WHSG will follow the same style as I've got my daughter sitting it this year. Put a reminder post up on here a few days after and I will let you know x
Good3boys

Post by Good3boys »

My first DS sat the exam at Whsb and second DS at Thomas Moore. Thomas Moore has car parking, 4/5 different entrance queues according to surname (so no big queues unlike Whsb). Although both boys are in Whsb, Thomas Moore was better for the actual exam less people more relaxed, parking and kids got drinks and biscuits too.
missymoo1972

Post by missymoo1972 »

Just bumping this for any of your experiences from yesterday? Southend girls v Westcliff girls for ease of parking and general exam experience? Hope it went well for everyone x
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

missymoo1972 wrote:Just bumping this for any of your experiences from yesterday? Southend girls v Westcliff girls for ease of parking and general exam experience? Hope it went well for everyone x
I heard that Westcliff was awful.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
missymoo1972 wrote:Just bumping this for any of your experiences from yesterday? Southend girls v Westcliff girls for ease of parking and general exam experience? Hope it went well for everyone x
I heard that Westcliff was awful.
Assuming that it was WHSG parking on the field, they actually seen to have lost two candidates - there was what looked like a rather disgruntled member of staff standing there with two cars still parked when I drove past half an hour after the time the notice on the gate said that it would be locked.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now