SHSB UNIFORM PE KIT

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

tian

SHSB UNIFORM PE KIT

Post by tian »

Hi everybody,
I have nearly completed in buying my DS SHSB uniform, but I have got a query on two items before buying and I would like if anyone who has got the DS already in could please give me any advise about it
First item is the TRACKSUIT TOP BLACK WITH WHITE PIPIING. On Paul's discount is on the PE list for the SHSB school but not from the SHSB OFFICIAL PE KIT LIST given by the school. I would like to know if is it compulsory to have it? Second, if yes, must really have this white piping or can be simply black or with thicker white piping?
Second item is the WHITE ANKLE SOCKS; has the socks to be completely white without any small symbol or written like you buy from sport direct such as 'donnay' etc on the ankle as we find on most sport sock we usually buy?
I don't want to buy and maybe they are not ok for the school, so waste of money.

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks

Tian
ToadMum

Re: SHSB UNIFORM PE KIT

Post by ToadMum »

tian wrote:Hi everybody,
I have nearly completed in buying my DS SHSB uniform, but I have got a query on two items before buying and I would like if anyone who has got the DS already in could please give me any advise about it
First item is the TRACKSUIT TOP BLACK WITH WHITE PIPIING. On Paul's discount is on the PE list for the SHSB school but not from the SHSB OFFICIAL PE KIT LIST given by the school. I would like to know if is it compulsory to have it? Second, if yes, must really have this white piping or can be simply black or with thicker white piping?
Second item is the WHITE ANKLE SOCKS; has the socks to be completely white without any small symbol or written like you buy from sport direct such as 'donnay' etc on the ankle as we find on most sport sock we usually buy?
I don't want to buy and maybe they are not ok for the school, so waste of money.

Any info is much appreciated. Thanks

Tian
I've never heard of a tracksuit top like that! The advice from the school used to be that the games staff will advise when tracksuit bottoms may be worn (with the joke being that Mr Thomas never had when DS1 left three years ago and DS2 has never heard him say it since). I think the boys are allowed to wear skins for rugby now, but DS2 has never asked for any, also they were allowed to wear their rugby shirts over their singlets for the 'standing around' times in athletics early in the summer term this year, Easter having been early.

Re socks, we've never bought any with logos on visible parts, but I know it is getting more difficult to find plain white ones. I assume that Paul's and Danielle's (in Rochford) no longer sell them? DS2 currently has some from BHS which have plain uppers but patterned soles, which none of it staff has commented on. These are adult ones, though (smallest size 6 - 8.5) and me course they will be closing forever soon so may no longer have them on sale :( .

Eta - socks are a more pressing issue, but you have plenty mm time to contact someone at the school re the tracksuit when they start back in September.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Both Paul's and Danielle's websites have plain white sports socks listed (the former in the SHSB section and the latter under 'plimsolls and socks' in the general schoolwear section). I wouldn't personally buy logo'd ones when these are available from the official suppliers.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I bought plain white sports socks from M&S for DD if that helps. No markings whatsoever.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Tinkers wrote:I bought plain white sports socks from M&S for DD if that helps. No markings whatsoever.
That's useful to know. At one time, the white ones sold on the 'boys' shelves suddenly all had patterns on them. I used to buy the plain black 'sports' socks for DS1 when he had new shoes with a little too much 'growth room' in them :lol: .
tian

Post by tian »

Hi Toadmum
thank your very much for your info. I was wondering about this jacket. As I mentioned, I didn't see is anywhere on the SHSB's info pack or website about it. So I will not bother about it. The first school day they will have to bring all the PE KIT so my DS can ask them about it.

Regarding socks, I will buy from MS as Tinkers said or the PAUL's next time I go to Southend. No rush about it.

Thanks again
tian

Post by tian »

ToadMum wrote:
Tinkers wrote:I bought plain white sports socks from M&S for DD if that helps. No markings whatsoever.
That's useful to know. At one time, the white ones sold on the 'boys' shelves suddenly all had patterns on them. I used to buy the plain black 'sports' socks for DS1 when he had new shoes with a little too much 'growth room' in them :lol: .

Thank you Tinkers for the info. This is very useful.
tian

Post by tian »

ToadMum wrote:Both Paul's and Danielle's websites have plain white sports socks listed (the former in the SHSB section and the latter under 'plimsolls and socks' in the general schoolwear section). I wouldn't personally buy logo'd ones when these are available from the official suppliers.
I definitely don't buy with logo. I had some doubts, good thing I asked about it.

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now