Next week this time

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MmeOgg

Re: Next week this time

Post by MmeOgg »

Good luck for everyone's children.

It is nice to get the results but, to be honest, I found the wait for the allocations interminable and much more stressful than waiting for the results. DD was fairly clearly in the "green zone", but we couldn't relax until we got the letter with the final, definite thumbs up.

Hoping you've all got busy weekends planned :lol:
Mezemum

Post by Mezemum »

Results day is getting very close now!

I'm new to this process, so could someone please explain what the 'green zone' is.
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

Mezemum wrote:I'm new to this process, so could someone please explain what the 'green zone' is.
When you get the results, you will also get a colour-coded sheet which indicates what scores have got places in each of the CSSE schools in previous years. It helps you decide if your child's score might be in with a chance of a place at which schools. The "green zone" are the "almost certain to get a place" (but don't make any assumptions) scores.

I'm linking to the sheet from last year so you can see what I'm talking about
http://www.csse.org.uk/images/simplefil ... 0-9-15.pdf
KB

Post by KB »

The schools also have meetings where they may further explain what they expect to happen re allocation/scores this year.

Do be warned though that there can be unexpected results and this has caused disappointment in the past.
Mezemum

Post by Mezemum »

Thanks MmeOgg, I now know a bit more of what to expect on Tuesday
Tomcruise

Post by Tomcruise »

Usually I don't like weekend passing quickly, but not this weekend, but to my surprise it's going very slowly. I am getting different feelings every 1 hour , positive some times, negative sometimes. Overall something happening in my stomach. To my surprise the other twos are not at all bothered. Don't know what is waiting for us on Tuesday, very curious to know our DIY result.
ypkr

Post by ypkr »

Tomcruise,
I can understand ur feeling, as I am in same state and actually good that DD is not in the same state. They are busy roaming here and there.
jojo2305

Post by jojo2305 »

How is everyone doing?? I am a nervous wreck but my ds said it exactly as it is this morning "mum I'm so excited!" I asked him why, he replied "well, if I pass and get high enough, I am going to grammar school and if I don't, I get to go to school with all my friends." So I am going to have a happy chappie whatever the mark. Good luck everyone!!!
JUSTPOPPY

Post by JUSTPOPPY »

jojo2305 wrote:How is everyone doing?? I am a nervous wreck but my ds said it exactly as it is this morning "mum I'm so excited!" I asked him why, he replied "well, if I pass and get high enough, I am going to grammar school and if I don't, I get to go to school with all my friends." So I am going to have a happy chappie whatever the mark. Good luck everyone!!!
*jojo* what a fabulous attitude your ds has. :)

We had a very busy weekend so I've not really had a chance to think about it, but today its constantly on my mind. There are so many variables which are hinging on the result. I just want to know, so I can prepare my next steps rather than going over and over the "what if's" for every difference scenario.

Good luck everyone!
anagar79

Post by anagar79 »

JUSTPOPPY wrote:
jojo2305 wrote:How is everyone doing?? I am a nervous wreck but my ds said it exactly as it is this morning "mum I'm so excited!" I asked him why, he replied "well, if I pass and get high enough, I am going to grammar school and if I don't, I get to go to school with all my friends." So I am going to have a happy chappie whatever the mark. Good luck everyone!!!
*jojo* what a fabulous attitude your ds has. :)

We had a very busy weekend so I've not really had a chance to think about it, but today its constantly on my mind. There are so many variables which are hinging on the result. I just want to know, so I can prepare my next steps rather than going over and over the "what if's" for every difference scenario.

Good luck everyone!
This is so cute.. a positive feeling++ .... and true too :-)
All the best.

For our DD we also applied for few other schools and she has got some very good marks 117 out of 125 I think (Appleton) and she says "Dad why are you worried.. when I passed this exam, I will pass that too".. kids are too confident sometimes :-)