CRGS or KEG's - Pls help!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Sparkle16

CRGS or KEG's - Pls help!

Post by Sparkle16 »

Hello all, I'm seeking for opinion pls..
My DS scored enough marks to choose between this two good schools, we're however undecided on preference order to put them on CAF. I'm aware we will get allocated either one we finally choose, my intention isn't to start a debate between the schools therefore, I will greatly appreciate if someone or parents of DC in either of the school can PM me with their views/experiences..

TIA

Sparkle
Minesatea

Re: CRGS or KEG's - Pls help!

Post by Minesatea »

They are both very good schools. In order to make it easy for your DS to take full active role in school life, I would recommend the school with the quickest /easiest commute.
KB

Post by KB »

There was a long thread on this last year which is worth a look.
I think the only conclusion was that it's down to personal preference!
Bikkigirl

Post by Bikkigirl »

I had the same dilemma a few years ago for DS1...I got some very interesting responses! I second the advice to go for the one with the easiest commute...we did and chose KEGS for that reason. My son does after school clubs 3 to 4 nights per week now he's in year 9 and he loves it. He would not have had this option at any of the other grammars even though I may have preferred them and I'm especially pleased we don't all have to get up at the crack of dawn to ensure he's on a very early bus to school. As an added thought, he broke his foot last year and needed to be taken to and from school for 6 weeks which would have been utterly impossible at any of the other schools, this happening did not even enter my head when we were considering schools but it could happen. Then there's the odd trip in when they call you with a desperate plea to take in their forgotten homework or PE kit....I know parents who have made 2 hour plus round trips to Southend on these occasions! PM me if you want any specific info about KEGS.
Sparkle16

Post by Sparkle16 »

Bikkigirl wrote:I had the same dilemma a few years ago for DS1...I got some very interesting responses! I second the advice to go for the one with the easiest commute...we did and chose KEGS for that reason. My son does after school clubs 3 to 4 nights per week now he's in year 9 and he loves it. He would not have had this option at any of the other grammars even though I may have preferred them and I'm especially pleased we don't all have to get up at the crack of dawn to ensure he's on a very early bus to school. As an added thought, he broke his foot last year and needed to be taken to and from school for 6 weeks which would have been utterly impossible at any of the other schools, this happening did not even enter my head when we were considering schools but it could happen. Then there's the odd trip in when they call you with a desperate plea to take in their forgotten homework or PE kit....I know parents who have made 2 hour plus round trips to Southend on these occasions! PM me if you want any specific info about KEGS.
Thanks Bikkigirl, we will be moving to a sensible proximity to any of the school choices if need be taking into account work commute and other family commitment. I will take up your offer as per PM to know more about KEG's. We have also called CRGS and have been told we can come along tomorrow to Sixth Form Open evening and have a Tour around the school as opposed to the information evening on Wednesday/Thursday- as these are not detailed visit of the school.

KR
Sparkle
Sparkle16

Post by Sparkle16 »

Minesatea wrote:They are both very good schools. In order to make it easy for your DS to take full active role in school life, I would recommend the school with the quickest /easiest commute.
Thanks Minesatea for your response.

KR
Sparkle
Sparkle16

Post by Sparkle16 »

KB wrote:There was a long thread on this last year which is worth a look.
I think the only conclusion was that it's down to personal preference!

Thanks KB for your response once again, I've noted, appreciate and considering some of the reviews you've given about the school via your PM messages.

KR
Sparkle
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now