Advice needed - WHSG Headteacher

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ToadMum

Re: Advice needed - WHSG Headteacher

Post by ToadMum »

Okay, I may have changed my mind about the HT. Another offspring (DD this time), another open evening, 6th form, last night. Same feelings - minus nausea induced by hair-swinging infant, mercifully :lol:. Until we got to the slide about RG universities and their Facilitating Subjects etc. 'So what is the Russell Group? It's a group of universities that like to think of themselves as the best. But if you want to study Moving Image, say, then the best place to go is Brighton - not Russell Group. Or Midwifery? Sunderland. Also not Russell Group'.

(Almost) my new BFF, Dr H :lol:
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ansia2

Post by ansia2 »

Hello

My daughter is at Westcliff and both of us have found him to be very approachable. At the end of the term he invites girls that have done well in their assessments for breakfast to celebrate which I found to be a nice gesture. My daughter said he talks to them and gets to know them.

There was an incident at the school which was reported in the papers. I found he dealt with this very well.

My daughter does not have an issue with any of the teachers at Westcliff and have found them all be be very helpful.

Hope this helps.
JosieC

Post by JosieC »

ansia2 wrote:Hello

My daughter is at Westcliff and both of us have found him to be very approachable. At the end of the term he invites girls that have done well in their assessments for breakfast to celebrate which I found to be a nice gesture. My daughter said he talks to them and gets to know them.

There was an incident at the school which was reported in the papers. I found he dealt with this very well.

My daughter does not have an issue with any of the teachers at Westcliff and have found them all be be very helpful.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for this information ansia2, it's great to hear this about the headtacher. I was very impressed with him at the open afternoon!