Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
parksideparent

Re: 2017 Collated Cut-Offs

Post by parksideparent »

tkmum wrote:
parksideparent wrote:333.73 offered KEGS ON 15/03/17
Congratulations. Do you mind sharing your waiting list position?
Sorry I originally pm'd my reply to this, hopefully this reply can be seen by all. We didn't get a position on the waiting list, when I logged in on 15th it came up as an offer straight away. Anyway, I hope this helps anyone else who is waiting.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

discountmummy wrote:
Blitz wrote:Waiting list positions updated:

Collated scores from 2016 can be found here viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46129

CEM exam:

CCHS
i/c 105.8 offered
i/c 105.62 not offered (offered 15.3.17)
i/c 105.31 not offered (1st on the w/l offered 16.3.17)

o/c 117.32 offered
o/c 115.33 not offered (11th on w/l)

Thanks Blitz
Just a question on the 1st place from the waiting list now been offered - my dd waiting list position hasn't changed since the 15th we are in catchment. I noticed her position has changed for out of catchment though, just wondered if anyone had any ideas why this is?
There has been two o/c places released. The score of 115.33 o/c is now 9th on the w/l. This moves the o/c list but does not affect the i/c list.

Hope that helps.
mum2twogirls

Post by mum2twogirls »

I have a friend hoping for CCHS who was accidentally listed as OOC with score of 105.54, she has been reassessed and is now 1st on waiting list IC . All thanks to this forum and those that volunteer their scores/positions I was able to help her realise there had been an error.

This may explain the movement out of catchment and not in catchment. Fingers crossed for you and you DD
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

mum2twogirls wrote:I have a friend hoping for CCHS who was accidentally listed as OOC with score of 105.54, she has been reassessed and is now 1st on waiting list IC . All thanks to this forum and those that volunteer their scores/positions I was able to help her realise there had been an error.

This may explain the movement out of catchment and not in catchment. Fingers crossed for you and you DD
As 105.31 has been offered then surely she should have been given a place?
mum2twogirls

Post by mum2twogirls »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
mum2twogirls wrote:I have a friend hoping for CCHS who was accidentally listed as OOC with score of 105.54, she has been reassessed and is now 1st on waiting list IC . All thanks to this forum and those that volunteer their scores/positions I was able to help her realise there had been an error.

As 105.31 has been offered then surely she should have been given a place?
Not yet..... :shock:
discountmummy

Post by discountmummy »

Thank you that makes sense :)
KB

Post by KB »

There was a similar situation previously. Since they will almost certainly get offered a place soon it may not be worth kicking up a fuss.
In worse case scenario they would appeal and no doubt win.
The only case for not being offered ( assuming no further movement on waiting list) might be if LEA claimed the error was by the parent in completing the application and therefore claimed it was a late application ( by the time the error was corrected).
Hopefully they would get an offer this week and stress will be over.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

Hi ,
Have got one question regarding the allocation process.
If a DC from Redbridge has the first preference as WCHS and second preference as WHSG, and DC gets a place in WCHS on the allocation day but had enough CSSE marks to qualify for WCHS as well. In this case, Redbridge would have informed Southend to release that place before 1st March itself? Technically, it doesn't look like the case, as the CAF had mentioned that communication from lower preference School can be released to DC on request. The answer of this can give some guidance to waiting list candidates.
Thanks,
DK
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

dk2011 wrote:Hi ,
Have got one question regarding the allocation process.
If a DC from Redbridge has the first preference as WCHS and second preference as WHSG, and DC gets a place in WCHS on the allocation day but had enough CSSE marks to qualify for WCHS as well. In this case, Redbridge would have informed Southend to release that place before 1st March itself? Technically, it doesn't look like the case, as the CAF had mentioned that communication from lower preference School can be released to DC on request. The answer of this can give some guidance to waiting list candidates.
Thanks,
DK
Your home LEA is the authority that coordinates everything to do with which school you are offered on March 1st, wherever the schools are which you have named on your CAF. You will be allocated your highest ranked school that can offer you a place, based on the schools' admissions criteria. If you can be offered your first preference, all your lower offers are declined by the LEA on your behalf before you even know about them.

I think this is what you are quoting?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

Thanks , ToadMum . That is what precisely was my question. So , all those declined lower offers by LEA are already been allocated by the respective LEA before 1st March . That means very few seats are available for waiting list DC.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now