Crgs 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Minesatea

Re: Crgs 2017

Post by Minesatea »

Traffic - dreadful!
My DS has a bus journey of 2.2 miles across Colchester. He has to leave the house before 8am to get to school on time. If it wasn't for the amount of stuff he carries and the steepness of the hills it would definitely be quicker to walk.
KB

Post by KB »

If you hit Lexden Road after 8.10am you are in trouble ;) After school is also dreadful.

Being in walking distance of the school is a big advantage. Try houses to the south of Lexden Road maybe towards Prettygate for lower prices than the immediate area.
There is a previous thread in this section about houses and primary schools that might help.
fari

Post by fari »

Thanks all for your guidance, this forum is really a great help :). I got the email by crgs (as I have scanned & emailed my offer acceptance letter),acc to that ,the school will send us an admission pack soon.
Schrodinger

Post by Schrodinger »

Taolut wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:I think you're probably right, Taolut. Think we were so excited about getting it, it was just a bit anti-climactic. :lol:
Are you and your DS going to the science fair next week?
We had the moment to be honest and my ds asked "is that all?" Bless him

Yes, we a e going to the science fair, are you coming also?

Will be lovely to meet some parents and their ds :)
Yes, we're going Taolut. We won't be there until about 12.30/1.00pm though.
Schrodinger

Post by Schrodinger »

fari wrote:Thanks all for your guidance, this forum is really a great help :). I got the email by crgs (as I have scanned & emailed my offer acceptance letter),acc to that ,the school will send us an admission pack soon.
Ran into Mr Russell at the Science Fair today and had a quick chat :D . He confirmed that they were just waiting for the remaining acceptances and that they would then send out a welcome pack. In fact, he said there would be two; one with all the info and one with all the essential forms to complete.

It was lovely to get another look at the school today and see a little more of what they do. :D
fari

Post by fari »

Schrodinger wrote:
fari wrote:Thanks all for your guidance, this forum is really a great help :). I got the email by crgs (as I have scanned & emailed my offer acceptance letter),acc to that ,the school will send us an admission pack soon.
Ran into Mr Russell at the Science Fair today and had a quick chat :D . He confirmed that they were just waiting for the remaining acceptances and that they would then send out a welcome pack. In fact, he said there would be two; one with all the info and one with all the essential forms to complete.

It was lovely to get another look at the school today and see a little more of what they do. :D
That's great Schrodinger, my DS is very excited to join the crgs. :)
mmac1219

Post by mmac1219 »

Hi,

Does anyone know who supplies the school uniform for CRGS and where the nearest shop for fitting is?

Thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mmac1219 wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know who supplies the school uniform for CRGS and where the nearest shop for fitting is?

Thanks
Coes seemed a good bet and here you go:
http://www.coes.co.uk/schoolwear/school ... mar-school

I must admit that I searched for Coes, having only found the CRGSA shop on the website.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mmac1219

Post by mmac1219 »

Thanks I did find that too, do all the shops sell the school uniform?
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

No, I think you have to go to the main branch in Ipswich. Coes are usually present with some stock at the parents introductory evening in June, as are the CRGSA second hand shop.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now