Crgs 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
KB

Re: Crgs 2017

Post by KB »

Things may have changed with the new Head - different management, different ways of doing things.
Taolut

Post by Taolut »

Schrodinger wrote:Hi Everyone!

Just to let you know that our welcome 'pack' arrived this morning for those of you on the look out for it.

I'm not entirely sure it qualifies as a 'pack', but we were very glad to have confirmation of the place and will be popping our response back in the post asap (just to be sure - I still keep thinking someone will tell me I dreamed that he got in! :lol: ).

Do any of the current CRGS parents recall when they got uniform and equipment lists?

Thanks.
I reckon they are trying to be more efficient hence the pre welcome pack to enable them ascertain who is definitely taking up the place instead of sending the welcome pack to everyone.

I'm guessing the welcome pack will eventually be posted when everyone has either accepted or declined the offer. This also gives them a true picture of the waiting list position for parents who have found themselves in that situation come the 25th March.

Now, just need to remember to send our response off.

T
Schrodinger

Post by Schrodinger »

I think you're probably right, Taolut. Think we were so excited about getting it, it was just a bit anti-climactic. :lol:
Are you and your DS going to the science fair next week?
Taolut

Post by Taolut »

Schrodinger wrote:I think you're probably right, Taolut. Think we were so excited about getting it, it was just a bit anti-climactic. :lol:
Are you and your DS going to the science fair next week?
We had the moment to be honest and my ds asked "is that all?" Bless him

Yes, we a e going to the science fair, are you coming also?

Will be lovely to meet some parents and their ds :)
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

DS2 is a year 7 at CRGS. I don't remember being sent any welcome pack, not in the way other schools do. We had an initial letter confirming the place and asking us to accept it. Then nothing for ages! Eventually (? In May) we got a letter regarding the parents evening and the boys induction day which are generally end June / early July. The pack, containing class lists, uniform lists, general info and lots of forms to fill in, was I think, given to us by his future class teacher at the parents evening.
KB

Post by KB »

This was how it happened for us but that was quite a few years ago so not necessarily much to go on now.

If your year 6 is at a fee paying school it's worth checking when the boys' induction day is. In the part it has been after the start of the summer break for some private schools.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

KB wrote:This was how it happened for us but that was quite a few years ago so not necessarily much to go on now.

If your year 6 is at a fee paying school it's worth checking when the boys' induction day is. In the part it has been after the start of the summer break for some private schools.
According to the school's website, the provisional date for the 2017 intake is 6th July.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
fari

Post by fari »

Hi all,
I have finally got the letter today :| .We are planning to move to Colchester in August 2017,my dd will join the primary school in sep 2017 so just wanted to ask about the traffic situation (esp of lexden road )during the school timings, esp in the mornings bcoz I have to drop them at 2 different schools .
Fari
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

fari wrote:Hi all,
I have finally got the letter today :| .We are planning to move to Colchester in August 2017,my dd will join the primary school in sep 2017 so just wanted to ask about the traffic situation (esp of lexden road )during the school timings, esp in the mornings bcoz I have to drop them at 2 different schools .
Fari
Could your DS not make his own way to school? Most secondary-age DC do :) . It would save you adding to the rush hour traffic around the schools in that area, if your DD's school is in a different part of town.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
fari

Post by fari »

It depends on where we will get the home,honestly we are trying to get a house near by his school but it seems to be expensive to live near lexden, let's c if we found any luck :D