Waiting Lists for KEGS and CRGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mmac1219

Waiting Lists for KEGS and CRGS

Post by mmac1219 »

Hi,

I wondered if anyone knew how fast the waiting lists moved for KEGS and CRGS. My DS is 1st for CRGS and 5th for KEGS. List has not moved in a week.

Should we get our hopes up of getting a place?

Thanks
fari

Re: Waiting Lists for KEGS and CRGS

Post by fari »

mmac1219 wrote:Hi,

I wondered if anyone knew how fast the waiting lists moved for KEGS and CRGS. My DS is 1st for CRGS and 5th for KEGS. List has not moved in a week.

Thanks
Hi
I don'tknow about Kegs but Crgs sent their offer acceptance letter a bit late and their deadline for it is 24/03 so obviously they would be able to offer their remaining places after that deadline.
MrsB

Post by MrsB »

mmac1219 wrote:Hi,

Thanks
If you look at the sticky with last year's collated scores, CRGS and KEGs did not seem to move that quickly or very far but offers were still being made in June/July from lower positions from yours. If you are now 1st for CRGS, you must stand a pretty good chance at least with CRGS and maybe with KEGS too.

According to the thread for ColCHS, people seem to have moved 3 places between Wednesday 15/3 and Friday 17/3 which suggests movement is happening, and hopefully more will be on the way as parents still have this week to return forms.

Best of luck for some good news in the next few days.

PS, You don't say whether you started at 1st on the list or have moved up already - I assume that's where you started, but it would probably help others in future years if you posted that information to confirm (and confirm when you get the good news....).
mmac1219

Post by mmac1219 »

When the lists were released on 15/3/17 he was 2nd on the list, but Friday he was down to 1st on the list. I didn't know when the confirmations needed to be in for CRGS or KEGS so wasn't sure how it moved.

Fingers crossed for some good news.
tkmum

Post by tkmum »

Is the 24th the cut off date for KEGS too? Feeling a little more hopeful after reading this post - 8th on the list for KEGS but not moved at all this week.
KB

Post by KB »

In past years there has been movement at CRGS up to the induction day in July and sometimes beyond. Some years there is even someone who starts after the start of the September term.
The fact there has been little or no movement to date isn't particularly surprising.
If you are first on list at this point it would be extremely unlikely not to get offered before induction day and my guess would be before Easter.
mmac1219

Post by mmac1219 »

Well I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we get offered a place soon.
SlighlyStressedMum

Post by SlighlyStressedMum »

My Ds is yr 7 at Kegs. Two boys joined his form midway through the first week in September - I assume because of no shows. Don't give up hope yet.
Dragongiant

Post by Dragongiant »

Kegs acceptance forms had to be in by the 15th...
mmac1219

Post by mmac1219 »

Hi All,

I just rang the Essex County Council and have been told that my son has been offered a 'provisional' place at CRGS. What exactly does 'provisional' mean?

Is it provisional on the basis that we accept or something else?

Thanks