Time of Southend 11+ and Chelmsford County High 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
muerdago

Time of Southend 11+ and Chelmsford County High 11+

Post by muerdago »

I can´t find anywhere the exact times of theses two tests for September 2017. Could anybody tell me, please?

Thank you in advance.
ToadMum

Re: Time of Southend 11+ and Chelmsford County High 11+

Post by ToadMum »

muerdago wrote:I can´t find anywhere the exact times of theses two tests for September 2017. Could anybody tell me, please?

Thank you in advance.
With regard to the Southend grammar schools, the timings of the session will be communicated to you in the letter in early September, but it is usually an arrival time of 8.15 - ish.

I note that this year, the exam venue is being allocated by the CSSE office.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
muerdago

Post by muerdago »

Thank you, Toadmum.
Do the tests usually finish at 11? We have a very unfortunate and unavoidable clash on that morning and I am trying to work out how to manage it! :|

Thank you!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

muerdago wrote:Thank you, Toadmum.
Do the tests usually finish at 11? We have a very unfortunate and unavoidable clash on that morning and I am trying to work out how to manage it! :|

Thank you!
I'm afraid that my only experience of the 'new' test is of helping with refreshments for candidates / staff and helpers and on each occasion we were away before the end of the second paper, but allowing for a 9am start, two papers of an hour each, a refreshment break and actually getting out of the building, I would be very surprised if you were to be away by 11, really.

Eta: I can't see anything on the SHSG or WHSG websites about timings, but SHSB has a finish time of 11.30 on its calendar. You could always ask someone at the WHSG open evening tonight?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
muerdago

Post by muerdago »

Thank you, Toadmum
That is very helpful!
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

Three years ago it was as delayed because of 10 minutes reading time for the comprehension. There is no way you will be finished by
11.00am.

Over 800 girls will be taking the test and they all need to be matched ack with parents as well.
littlemissm

Post by littlemissm »

Chelmsford County High had a morning and an afternoon sitting last September, I can't remember the times. We didn't get to choose which one, just got a letter the week before with the times.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now