Are waiting lists being updated?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
natbyte

Are waiting lists being updated?

Post by natbyte »

Does anyone know if the Colchester school waiting lists are being updated at the moment, there hasn't been any movement for a month or so on the CRGS list which seems strange?
hermanmunster

Re: Are waiting lists being updated?

Post by hermanmunster »

I don't know specifically but much of movement is people deciding on independent school places and suspect that there are lot of people putting off decisions over that at present
natbyte

Post by natbyte »

Oh I didn't realise that thanks. Do you know if there is a deadline for private school places to be accepted? I work in the state system so this is all new to me. Thanks
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

natbyte wrote:Oh I didn't realise that thanks. Do you know if there is a deadline for private school places to be accepted? I work in the state system so this is all new to me. Thanks

there are a couple of deadlines - one is for a deposit to be paid and the next is that they commit themselves to paying the first terms fees whether they go or not. In difficult financial times some people will want to wait until the last possible moment before deciding - even if that is very near the start of the first term
natbyte

Post by natbyte »

They were not updated on the website - we have our place now, thanks all
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

natbyte wrote:They were not updated on the website - we have our place now, thanks all
that is good news!
TheVMan

Post by TheVMan »

I did wonder if the waiting lists are being updated. I contacted Essex County Council and they wrote back saying, the lists are indeed being updated.

Unfortunately for those of us waiting, there isn't much movement.

Today, we have moved ahead in the CCHS IC waiting list by 1 position, since 24th March. Someone must be very happy today. Congratulations.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now