Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

shamim akhtar

Re: CEM 2017 Results out

Post by shamim akhtar »

Thank you. 1st March will be a long wait :(
shiv07

Post by shiv07 »

Eight days to go... Having butterflies in my tummy... We are outside catchment for CCHS with very close to last year's cut off score... Just wanted to know two things.
1. When can one know about the waiting list position ...is it one week after allocation day parents need to contact CCHS.

2. The collated results show only two figures for outside catchment.
(CCHS
o/c 117.32 offered
o/c 115.33 not offered (11th on w/l)
(4 places offered so far off o/c list)

so can i say only 4 children from outside catchment waiting list were offered last year...

This is not very encouraging for o/c candidates. Does anyone have any other information about waiting list please share.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

shiv07 wrote:Eight days to go... Having butterflies in my tummy... We are outside catchment for CCHS with very close to last year's cut off score... Just wanted to know two things.
1. When can one know about the waiting list position ...is it one week after allocation day parents need to contact CCHS.

2. The collated results show only two figures for outside catchment.
(CCHS
o/c 117.32 offered
o/c 115.33 not offered (11th on w/l)
(4 places offered so far off o/c list)

so can i say only 4 children from outside catchment waiting list were offered last year...

This is not very encouraging for o/c candidates. Does anyone have any other information about waiting list please share.
Blitz only posts what she is told first hand, so if no-one on the Forum or of her personal acquaintance volunteers information. So the 'last in' figure isn't necessarily definitive

Perhaps those on the Forum with a year 7 at CCHS would do a quick survey of their DDs, re the number of girls in their class who have left and been replaced (if any) since the start of the autumn term? Although of course up to Christmas, the replacement would just be the next girl on the overall list who accepted - at CCHS, the set-up is that IC can replace OOC, unlike at WHSG and SHSG.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

shiv07 wrote:

My DS was i/c and was 4th on the W/l for his school in March a few years back. He only got a place in September, after term had started, and was the last boy in. For the Chelmsford schools, neither waiting list, i/c or o/c, moves by many places.
shiv07

Post by shiv07 »

Blitz wrote:
shiv07 wrote:

My DS was i/c and was 4th on the W/l for his school in March a few years back. He only got a place in September, after term had started, and was the last boy in. For the Chelmsford schools, neither waiting list, i/c or o/c, moves by many places.
Thanks for your honest reply... atleast it makes it clear that waiting lists dont move more than 4 /5 places. How can one know about the waiting list position ...Do parents contact CCHS directly and when ...if anyone can answer that please.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Waiting lists go live about 15th March.

A friend of our family had a DD who was not offered a place on 1st March last year and when she went to check her waiting list position on the 15th it said 'place offered'. That 15 days gives families an opportunity to reject school places so places can be reallocated. I believe the waiting list positions can be checked on-line with your log-in. You certainly don't contact the school. They have nothing to do with school admissions, that is the County Council's job.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now