CEM 2017 Results out

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
caringdaddy

Re: CEM 2017 Results out

Post by caringdaddy »

Hi Neo
I am in same situation like you might be with DD. In catchment and good score from previous years but very worried about the numbers
schoolbook

Post by schoolbook »

Agree, groups appear to be simply split into thirds. Is this what happened in previous years.

Agree entry requirement may well be higher this year - although believe a good proportion of the extra 60 could be OOC. Looking at previous years entry scores OOC obviously need to attain alot higher - does say 117 as 30th place for OOC equate to a similar position for 30th place IC....in which case could you guess that the ratio is 50:50.

Has anything happened at any of the other potential schools (change in entry requirements etc) than may have resulted in more OOC trying for CCHS???
neo1232

Post by neo1232 »

to be honest I have no stake here.
but I know 1 parent who is OC and has score of 119 - no planning to come here

Good luck to your DD.
caringdaddy wrote:Hi Neo
I am in same situation like you might be with DD. In catchment and good score from previous years but very worried about the numbers
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

A lot of parents will have asked for their DD's scores to be shared (between CCHS/WCHS/and probably further afield) so not to put all their eggs in one basket. Many ooc girls will have no intention of taking up a CCHS place. That is probably why the numbers sitting the exam seems so high as they all sat on Super Saturday at various locations around England.

There are 150 places for girls now, so the i/c score went down from 106+ (2014 entry - 120 places) to 104+ (2015 entry). The 1st March cut-off will probably be around the 106 mark for ic and 117 for occ with up to 10 places being offered off the waiting list.
caringdaddy

Post by caringdaddy »

schoolbook wrote:Agree, groups appear to be simply split into thirds. Is this what happened in previous years.

Agree entry requirement may well be higher this year - although believe a good proportion of the extra 60 could be OOC. Looking at previous years entry scores OOC obviously need to attain alot higher - does say 117 as 30th place for OOC equate to a similar position for 30th place IC....in which case could you guess that the ratio is 50:50.

Has anything happened at any of the other potential schools (change in entry requirements etc) than may have resulted in more OOC trying for CCHS???
I don't think anything particular has happened at other schools. It's a trend normally seen with these super selective schools. More numbers and cut throat competition
anagar79

Post by anagar79 »

Many congratulations to all the kids who worked hard and scored good marks :) :)

Our DD scored 109.65 i/c so pretty confident that she would be offered a place if we apply but, probably we wouldn't :D

My other daughter goes to SHSG and loves it.. and I am too impressed with the school so would like my DD to join her sister there.

To all, who didn't receive the desired result, I would say there is nothing very special about CCHS or any other grammar school... This all depends on how kids take the challenge and perform in future. I met with a dad yesterday who's son couldn't make to grammar school but in his GCSE's he got 7 A* & 4 A grades.

For me, it all depends on how they focus and perform later on.
dropout

Post by dropout »

mum's looks + dad's brain = 115 i/c for the posh school, common as muck working class Corbyn hating parents!

:lol:
caringdaddy

Post by caringdaddy »

Seems not many parents are sharing their results this year :o :o
chelmsfordmum2017

Post by chelmsfordmum2017 »

true.
Adi2006

Post by Adi2006 »

My DD scored 117.54 and we are OOC , very worried as the what would be the cutoff this year. This is our first preference. :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now