CSSE results are out

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SchoolMum3G

Re: CSSE results are out

Post by SchoolMum3G »

missymoo1972 wrote:Can I ask how you know this? I realise it says 329 on the yellow on the traffic light sheet but that could be any of the four years it covers and not necessarily last year if you know what I mean! :?
Hey :-)

Because it says in the last 4 years everyone was eventually offered a place (amber).

In the 2017 guidance (2017 admission) it said everyone in the last four years eventually got offered a place with a score of 325 - so in the 4 years prior the lowest was 325.

This year it's gone up to 329 - so last years actual admission pushed it up, meaning the last actual place offered was 329.
Dandaddy

Post by Dandaddy »

SchoolMum3G wrote:
missymoo1972 wrote:Can I ask how you know this? I realise it says 329 on the yellow on the traffic light sheet but that could be any of the four years it covers and not necessarily last year if you know what I mean! :?
In the 2017 guidance (2017 admission) it said everyone in the last four years eventually got offered a place with a score of 325 - so in the 4 years prior the lowest was 325.

This year it's gone up to 329 - so last years actual admission pushed it up, meaning the last actual place offered was 329.
Such a beautifully simple answer but genius when you look at it like that!
I love this board so glad I found it, everybody is so friendly and helpful
sar

Post by sar »

daughter got 51/60 english, 42/60 maths
weighted score 346.873

Hoping for Colch, would welcome any thoughts re her chances due to extra number of children sitting exam this year and the possibility of cut offs being higher.
missymoo1972

Post by missymoo1972 »

SchoolMum3G wrote:
Hey :-)

Because it says in the last 4 years everyone was eventually offered a place (amber).

Thank you! So the 333.9 cut off is just based on people sharing their scores on the forum. There's hope yet! :D
leighmum

Post by leighmum »

Now that the results have been sent when do the CFA forms get sent? Do they come direct from our council? Thank you.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

Most people apply online. Online applications are usually found on your council website.
leighmum

Post by leighmum »

I'm so glad you said that. I could have been waiting here for the form to arrive and left it too late. Why do they not clearly state that when they sent out the results letter?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

leighmum wrote:I'm so glad you said that. I could have been waiting here for the form to arrive and left it too late. Why do they not clearly state that when they sent out the results letter?
It is in the Guide to 2018 entry on the CSSE website.

http://www.csse.org.uk/?view=mycomp

How do I Apply for a Place at a
CSSE School?
To apply for a place at a CSSE School for
your child you must name the school as one
of your preferences on your Local Authority
Common Application Form and register
your child to sit the 11+ tests by completing
the CSSE's Supplementary Information
Form. Please make every effort to ensure
your child’s personal details are the same on
both forms. If you change your address
before completing your Local Authority
form, please notify the CSSE Office in
writing.
Naming your Selective School
Preferences on the Common
Application Form.
Your Local Authority Common Application
Form and Guidance Notes will be available to
all parents of Year 6 children in September
2017. All CSSE Schools that you wish to apply
for must be named as preferences on this
form. This form must be returned to your
Home Local Authority.
The Secondary Schools Admission booklet
for 2018 Entry is available to download from
your Local Authority’s website or by
requesting a copy to be posted to you.
Stating a Preference on the Local
Authority Common Application Form
is the only way of Applying for a
Place at a CSSE School.
Application for places must be made on your
Local Authority Common Application Form.
Completing only the test registration form
does not constitute a valid application for a
place at a CSSE School. Parents must use the
Common Application Form of the Local
Authority in which they live, even if the
schools that they name as preferences on the
form are in a different Authority.

Do primary schools in the SBC area not publicise the admissions process now? Our primary school used at least to put up a poster in the relevant classroom windows, but our youngest did leave primary school in 2014.

I would bring the problem to the attention of your HT - there will be havoc if an entire school's year 6 don't apply for their secondary places because their primary school is failing to bring it to their attention that they need to.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now