CSSE results are out

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ToadMum

Re: CSSE results are out

Post by ToadMum »

dropout wrote:Kid done good, 356, won't be nominating.

Each to their own but I think you'd have to have an unhealthy mix of a fondness for both insanity and cruelty to even think about considering sending a kid to a school that's so far away that it would involve the best part of 15 hours a week commuting by public transport.

So that frees up a place for someone somewhere.

:lol:
Probably a really silly question, but why on earth did you enter your DC for the exam in the first place, then, if you had no intention of applying for a place at a CSSE school? There is a cost for every candidate, to the CSSE and to the individual school where s/he sat the exam , but I don't suppose that wasting other people's time and money bothers you too much?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Daddy cool

Post by Daddy cool »

We live in Colchester and my son is hoping for CRGS, so based on the 2017 guidance sheet he is comfortably in the green! That said I do wonder what the impact on scores will be from the increase in numbers sitting the exam this year. It’s over 6000 according to the CSSE. He has already indicated he is not willing to travel to Westcliff or Southend (even though he is considerably above their OC score), and I agree it's bonkers to encourage a child to travel such distances each day.

English: 49
Maths: 52
Total Standardised Score: 361.76
SchoolMum3G

Post by SchoolMum3G »

Hi Daddycool

Have you received your post and got the traffic light system info? I'd be super grateful if you could let me know what the green and amber is for westcliff and Southend girls ooc.
petjam

Post by petjam »

pushymother wrote:
petjam wrote:Been lurking on these forums for the past year.

Thankfully our son passed, he got 325 and we are in catchment.

That will be a guarantee for Southend or Westcliff won't it?
99.9% guaranteed
Cheers.
dropout

Post by dropout »

ToadMum wrote:
dropout wrote:Kid done good, 356, won't be nominating.

Each to their own but I think you'd have to have an unhealthy mix of a fondness for both insanity and cruelty to even think about considering sending a kid to a school that's so far away that it would involve the best part of 15 hours a week commuting by public transport.

So that frees up a place for someone somewhere.

:lol:
Probably a really silly question, but why on earth did you enter your DC for the exam in the first place, then, if you had no intention of applying for a place at a CSSE school? There is a cost for every candidate, to the CSSE and to the individual school where s/he sat the exam , but I don't suppose that wasting other people's time and money bothers you too much?
Blimey. Wrong side of bed syndrome perhaps going on here.

To answer your question I'd ask you if you consider insurance to be a waste of time and money?

Best wishes to all kids whatever schools they end up in. Be lucky.
Daddy cool

Post by Daddy cool »

SchoolMum3G wrote:Hi Daddycool

Have you received your post and got the traffic light system info? I'd be super grateful if you could let me know what the green and amber is for westcliff and Southend girls ooc.

Hi SchoolMum3G, unfortunately as indicated I only have the 2017 guidance sheet to go by, so not sure how much deviation there will be from these historical results. Do you have a copy of the 2017 sheet?
SchoolMum3G

Post by SchoolMum3G »

Daddy cool wrote:

Hi SchoolMum3G, unfortunately as indicated I only have the 2017 guidance sheet to go by, so not sure how much deviation there will be from these historical results. Do you have a copy of the 2017 sheet?

Oh! Sorry, yes I've got a copy of last years - my daughter sat the exam last year. I thought you meant you had seen this years guidance sheet :-)
pushymother

Post by pushymother »

Finally happy to report:

DS 349.14

English 48
Maths 47

IC WHSB
missymoo1972

Post by missymoo1972 »

english 44/60 (very surprised as DD is normally stronger in maths)
maths 42/60
SS 328.75
OOC
Based on last year it is not enough for WHSG, shame as if it had been last year those scores scored over 340 when standardised :(
Just received post and we are yellow for southend and orange for WHSG as yellow is at 329 argh! They have certainly reviewed the traffic light system this year. Gutted
Daddy cool

Post by Daddy cool »

SchoolMum3G wrote:
Daddy cool wrote:

Oh! Sorry, yes I've got a copy of last years - my daughter sat the exam last year. I thought you meant you had seen this years guidance sheet :-)
That's OK. I just checked the CSSE website. They have a link to the 2018 sheet, but it is not working. Do you also have a child who sat this years exam?