Go to navigation
It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Essex Schools
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:43 am 

Mum05 wrote:
l am new to this grammar school era...hence joined the forum to help guide me to making the right choice for my son....so we do not miss out on all options and opportunities available for him. Hence the many questions.

The schools in Essex are 1hr 20 mins...from me. We have a good Catholic school close by the likelihood of him getting place is here. My dilemma is to put my son through the whole travelling...now it's comparing advantages of state and grammar school.

You will probably find that a significant number of parents on this forum are new to the 11 plus and school selection. It seems you may be expecting too much from others to be your 'guide'. May I suggest you trust in your own internal locus of evaluation to guide you, along with what seems to be overdue research. After all as a parent you are best placed to understand and communicate with your child. However, since you have touched on travel times in your position I would not be encouraging my child to travel 1hr 20 mins each way per day. Best of luck on your journey.

Ps. Grammar schools are also state schools

Post subject: Re: Essex Schools
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:55 pm 

Thank you for the responses...like any other parent l am anxious....hence the 1001 questions.