Go to navigation
It is currently Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:25 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:53 am
Posts: 20
Will an IC application always take priority over an OOC? Or do the schools always have a percentage which will go to OOC?

i.e. If enough children apply IC there will be no places at all for OOC?

I ask because as we know 50% more children took the exam. Surely that will have a bearing on the number of OOC places?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 35
petjam wrote:
Will an IC application always take priority over an OOC? Or do the schools always have a percentage which will go to OOC?

i.e. If enough children apply IC there will be no places at all for OOC?

I ask because as we know 50% more children took the exam. Surely that will have a bearing on the number of OOC places?


Depends really.

WestCliff Girls had 50% kids from OOC and IC last two years - as per the Headteacher on open day.

As per their admission guide - 75% of seats are filled by IC students (no more than 75%), until they run out of IC students who scored 303 or more. It seems this usually is the case. Then they are left with at least 25% seats which are allocated to OOC students.

It depends these extra 50% students who gave the exam this year are from IC or OOC.

What makes it unclear is that we don't know out of these 50% extra students (this year) how many are girls /boys.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:31 pm
Posts: 40
proud_parent wrote:
petjam wrote:
Will an IC application always take priority over an OOC? Or do the schools always have a percentage which will go to OOC?

i.e. If enough children apply IC there will be no places at all for OOC?

I ask because as we know 50% more children took the exam. Surely that will have a bearing on the number of OOC places?


Depends really.

WestCliff Girls had 50% kids from OOC and IC last two years - as per the Headteacher on open day.

As per their admission guide - 75% of seats are filled by IC students (no more than 75%), until they run out of IC students who scored 303 or more. It seems this usually is the case. Then they are left with at least 25% seats which are allocated to OOC students.

It depends these extra 50% students who gave the exam this year are from IC or OOC.

What makes it unclear is that we don't know out of these 50% extra students (this year) how many are girls /boys.


Hi Proud_Parent I'm curious to know if your suggesting there were 50% more children sitting the CSSE exam compared with last year, or am I perhaps getting that wrong? I recently posted a figure of over 6000, a figure I was advised of prior to the exam. However, having followed this up post-exam it appears approx. 500 did not attend. Regards


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:22 pm
Posts: 35
Daddy cool wrote:
proud_parent wrote:
petjam wrote:
Will an IC application always take priority over an OOC? Or do the schools always have a percentage which will go to OOC?

i.e. If enough children apply IC there will be no places at all for OOC?

I ask because as we know 50% more children took the exam. Surely that will have a bearing on the number of OOC places?


Depends really.

WestCliff Girls had 50% kids from OOC and IC last two years - as per the Headteacher on open day.

As per their admission guide - 75% of seats are filled by IC students (no more than 75%), until they run out of IC students who scored 303 or more. It seems this usually is the case. Then they are left with at least 25% seats which are allocated to OOC students.

It depends these extra 50% students who gave the exam this year are from IC or OOC.

What makes it unclear is that we don't know out of these 50% extra students (this year) how many are girls /boys.


Hi Proud_Parent I'm curious to know if your suggesting there were 50% more children sitting the CSSE exam compared with last year, or am I perhaps getting that wrong? I recently posted a figure of over 6000, a figure I was advised of prior to the exam. However, having followed this up post-exam it appears approx. 500 did not attend. Regards


Yes, I saw your post about 6000 this year, compared to 4100 last year.

If 500 didn't appear, it is less than 50%.

Do you know how many didn't appear last year when 4100 had registered.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:31 pm
Posts: 40
Hi Proud_Parent, sorry for misinforming you. Realising my blunder in providing incorrect figures I have re-checked them. They are as follows: in 2016 approx. 4900 sat the CSSE exam. In 2017 5380 sat the exam, and approx. 6000 registered prior. Thus there was a significant number who did not attend. Regards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:25 pm
Posts: 24
Petjam,

Yes, generally Southend boys' schools allocate 5/6 of its places to IC boys first but (as it happened last year), there was not enough of them with a minimum score of 303, so those places 'spilled' into OOC allocation and there were more than enough OOC applicants. This was the case with both Southend schools for boys.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:53 am
Posts: 20
Daddy cool wrote:
Hi Proud_Parent, sorry for misinforming you. Realising my blunder in providing incorrect figures I have re-checked them. They are as follows: in 2016 approx. 4900 sat the CSSE exam. In 2017 5380 sat the exam, and approx. 6000 registered prior. Thus there was a significant number who did not attend. Regards.


Where is the source of this information?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:31 pm
Posts: 40
petjam wrote:
Daddy cool wrote:
Hi Proud_Parent, sorry for misinforming you. Realising my blunder in providing incorrect figures I have re-checked them. They are as follows: in 2016 approx. 4900 sat the CSSE exam. In 2017 5380 sat the exam, and approx. 6000 registered prior. Thus there was a significant number who did not attend. Regards.


Where is the source of this information?


Give CSSE a call...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:53 am
Posts: 20
Daddy cool wrote:
petjam wrote:
Daddy cool wrote:
Hi Proud_Parent, sorry for misinforming you. Realising my blunder in providing incorrect figures I have re-checked them. They are as follows: in 2016 approx. 4900 sat the CSSE exam. In 2017 5380 sat the exam, and approx. 6000 registered prior. Thus there was a significant number who did not attend. Regards.


Where is the source of this information?


Give CSSE a call...


That's good to know. I didn't think they would have given you that information.

So not that much up on last year. That puts my mind to rest a bit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:41 pm
Posts: 27
Would CSSE tell you the proportion of boys to girls?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2021