Newbie - accuracy of traffic lights guidance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pipstermoo

Newbie - accuracy of traffic lights guidance

Post by Pipstermoo »

Good afternoon All. I am a lurker who has just registered so please be gentle. My daughter scored 332.504 and we are based in Chelmsford. She didn't sit the cchs exam as wasn't overly keen on the school (no offense - she just felt it was a little stuffy and overwhelming for her). Her heart has always been set on Westcliffe despite the journey and as we are OOC, the yellow score for this is above 329 with green at 338.

As a first time Csse parent, And appreciative of the fact this may be a "how long is a piece of string" question, I just wondered whether falling several points into the yellow zone means she should get a place, or whether it means nothing at all?

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks all!
Eqr3

Re: Newbie - accuracy of traffic lights guidance

Post by Eqr3 »

Have a look at the standardised scoring post... page 3 towards the bottom.

If the number of applicants per school remains the same it will be broadly accurate.

If the number of applicants in a given school increases significantly, then the actual cut-off will increase. There were a lot more people who took the 11+ this year compared to last... which may indicate that there will be more applications.
Petrus85

Post by Petrus85 »

This is probably of no help since every year is different and it didn't work out for us in the end, but my son got 318.574 last year (for entry Sept 2017) and on allocation day was 41st on the list for SHSB (OOC) which was our preferred school. By 5 September he'd moved to 5th so there can be some quite considerable movement. Not enough to get him a place but a lot closer than we ever thought he'd get with his score and the traffic light sheet.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

I agree every year is different, but generally, 25-30 WL places finally get a place.I think you should get a place eventually. All the best!
SchoolMum3G

Post by SchoolMum3G »

Pipstermoo wrote:Good afternoon All. I am a lurker who has just registered so please be gentle. My daughter scored 332.504 and we are based in Chelmsford. She didn't sit the cchs exam as wasn't overly keen on the school (no offense - she just felt it was a little stuffy and overwhelming for her). Her heart has always been set on Westcliffe despite the journey and as we are OOC, the yellow score for this is above 329 with green at 338.

As a first time Csse parent, And appreciative of the fact this may be a "how long is a piece of string" question, I just wondered whether falling several points into the yellow zone means she should get a place, or whether it means nothing at all?

Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks all!
Hi :-)

Are you going to the Westcliff afternoon chat this afternoon? Sometimes people are given a little bit of a steer during that.

The traffic light sheet is just based on the last four years so it doesn't taken into account anything different this year (more sitting the exam/ more asking for a place at a certain school etc)

Fingers crossed x