Wescliff catchment requirement??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
harimom

Re: Wescliff catchment requirement??

Post by harimom »

alif009 wrote:Hi, DD scored 325.32 in csse examination. And i am moving to leigh on sea tomorrow 26th ocober. My DD wants westcliff girls high school. Does she have any chance? Please let me know. Regards Alif.
wow!! Where I am jumbled up thinking what is right and where to find the place, you have found and moving in. Commendable :) All the best for your daughter.
alif009

Post by alif009 »

ToadMum wrote:
alif009 wrote:Hi, DD scored 325.32 in csse examination. And i am moving to leigh on sea tomorrow 26th ocober. My DD wants westcliff girls high school. Does she have any chance? Please let me know. Regards Alif.
As you will be in catchment, yes, of course.

Thank you very much Toadmum.
alif009

Post by alif009 »

harimom wrote:
wow!! Where I am jumbled up thinking what is right and where to find the place, you have found and moving in. Commendable :) All the best for your daughter.
Thank you very much Harimom. I am now renting for 6 months. In the mean time i will look for property to buy.
Mum05

Post by Mum05 »

My son scored 313 we are applying Westcliff and Southend. We have also decided to move by the 1st of November. Does he have a chance?
KB

Post by KB »

For anyone wanting to know their child's 'chances' the only information available to anyone else is also available to you so you don't need to rely on someone else's opinion ( although many who will respond on here have great wisdom ;)

The traffic light guidance sheet for this year and the collateral cut offs thread for last year (on the this forum) are your main sources. Sometimes the Heads give out a bit of additional guidance at their open meetings but this also tends to get shared on the forum if there are people who didn't manage to get to the meeting.
jaypn2009

Post by jaypn2009 »

ToadMum wrote:

So, moving into the area after 11plus results - does it count as Indie catchment.
I was under assumption that we should have moved into catchment area prior to SIF in May in the year of applying for exams. Correct me if I am wrong.
' READING provides you with Knowledge, But THINKING makes it your own ! '
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

jaypn2009 wrote:
ToadMum wrote:

So, moving into the area after 11plus results - does it count as Indie catchment.
I was under assumption that we should have moved into catchment area prior to SIF in May in the year of applying for exams. Correct me if I am wrong.
From the Southend on Sea Borough Council Secondary School Admissions booklet, admissions timeline
http://www.southend.gov.uk/downloads/fi ... let_201819

19th January 2018 Cut off date for New applications that could not have reasonably have been
made by the deadline. This date is also the cut off for change of address
(people moving into the area that could not apply to an Authority – see page
9). Address changes after this date must be reported and will be considered
after national offer day. All address changes (between Sept and Jul) must be
reported to The School Admissions Team of the Council.

As far as I can remember, there has never been requirement that the address used must be the address as at the time of registration and I can't see this anywhere in the CSSE or SBC information booklets or in the admissions criteria for SHSG / SHSB / WHSG.

Alif009 will be making an on time application from within the Southend on Sea Borough Council area, assuming that s/he is able to show appropriate evidence of being resident at the new address.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
RomfordDad

Post by RomfordDad »

If I read the booklet correctly, "19th January" has been moved to a much earlier date of 31 Oct this year. Locals trying all they can to keep out of catchments taking "their" places.
RedDevil66

Post by RedDevil66 »

RomfordDad wrote:If I read the booklet correctly, "19th January" has been moved to a much earlier date of 31 Oct this year. Locals trying all they can to keep out of catchments taking "their" places.
As they have a right to do. Wouldn't most of us do the same if we felt that people were only moving to an area due to the schools. My DS will have to take his chances as OOT applicant as we have no intention of moving prior to the offer date or the cut off point(whenever that may be). We're quite happy where we are and would only consider moving if the travel became debilitating, and that's if our DS got in.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

At least the Southend Borough grammar schools have don't try to prevent potenrial OOC applicants from sitting the exam at all - the reserving of places for local children is actually relatively recent - as the Redbridge grammar schools and Latymer used to do (until very much more recently). In fact, they even ring-fence a proportion of places for them.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now