CCHSG trips

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Welsh21

CCHSG trips

Post by Welsh21 »

Could anyone tell me about trips which take place during year 7, 8 and 9 at Colchester girls high. My daughter is keen to go on the netball trip to Disney at Easter but I would like to know what other potentially expensive trips might pop up having just paid for the Bushcraft trip to Hatfield in May.

Does anyone know if this netball trip is a one off trip or if it happens every year?

thanks for your help
scary mum

Re: CCHSG trips

Post by scary mum »

I'm not from your area, but often schools have lists on their website for this very reason. Another place to find out is the school calendar. I'm sure people will be along to tell you the trips that they know of, but of course schools are always introducing new trips. Failing all that, I'm sure the school office should have a list.
scary mum
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It is also worth trying to distinguish between the "compulsory curriculum" trips and the "voluntary optional" trips (often sport related, skiing, Classics etc). The first tend to be required the others are nice to do rather than essential.
KB

Post by KB »

Generally schools do keep the curriculum trips as low cost as possible. The more expensive ones tend to be minority added extras.
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

Bushcraft and a cinema trip at Christmas are the only y7 ones I remember. My daughter isn't into netball but I don't remember her saying people were off to Disney last year

Y8 and we have just started to pay for a trip to Ypres in the spring.
scooby doo

Post by scooby doo »

I've just paid for the bushcraft trip for my DD in year 7 and if we are lucky my other DD will join next Sept. I guess the trips get more expensive as the years roll on. I'd better start saving my pennies now!
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

scooby doo wrote:I've just paid for the bushcraft trip for my DD in year 7 and if we are lucky my other DD will join next Sept. I guess the trips get more expensive as the years roll on. I'd better start saving my pennies now!

You get to pay them in instalments so it doesn't come out as one big lump sum thankfully!!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now