Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: CCHSG trips
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:10 am 

Could anyone tell me about trips which take place during year 7, 8 and 9 at Colchester girls high. My daughter is keen to go on the netball trip to Disney at Easter but I would like to know what other potentially expensive trips might pop up having just paid for the Bushcraft trip to Hatfield in May.

Does anyone know if this netball trip is a one off trip or if it happens every year?

thanks for your help

Post subject: Re: CCHSG trips
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:39 am 

I'm not from your area, but often schools have lists on their website for this very reason. Another place to find out is the school calendar. I'm sure people will be along to tell you the trips that they know of, but of course schools are always introducing new trips. Failing all that, I'm sure the school office should have a list.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:05 pm 

It is also worth trying to distinguish between the "compulsory curriculum" trips and the "voluntary optional" trips (often sport related, skiing, Classics etc). The first tend to be required the others are nice to do rather than essential.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:33 pm 

Generally schools do keep the curriculum trips as low cost as possible. The more expensive ones tend to be minority added extras.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:33 am 

Bushcraft and a cinema trip at Christmas are the only y7 ones I remember. My daughter isn't into netball but I don't remember her saying people were off to Disney last year

Y8 and we have just started to pay for a trip to Ypres in the spring.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:12 am 

I've just paid for the bushcraft trip for my DD in year 7 and if we are lucky my other DD will join next Sept. I guess the trips get more expensive as the years roll on. I'd better start saving my pennies now!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:56 am 

scooby doo wrote:
I've just paid for the bushcraft trip for my DD in year 7 and if we are lucky my other DD will join next Sept. I guess the trips get more expensive as the years roll on. I'd better start saving my pennies now!

You get to pay them in instalments so it doesn't come out as one big lump sum thankfully!!!