Tips for the continuous writing?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Appuskidu

Tips for the continuous writing?!

Post by Appuskidu »

We are prepping for next year’s 11+ (have DIY-ed two older children in with the help of this lovely forum!) and we are struggling with the continuous writing. She is writing endless reams of nothing very interesting at the moment!

! I’ve tried modelling, I’ve tried giving her ticklists of things to include but we don’t seem to be getting anywhere!?

Does anyone have any top tips that might help?!
Daddy cool

Re: Tips for the continuous writing?!

Post by Daddy cool »

Appuskidu wrote:We are prepping for next year’s 11+ (have DIY-ed two older children in with the help of this lovely forum!) and we are struggling with the continuous writing. She is writing endless reams of nothing very interesting at the moment!

! I’ve tried modelling, I’ve tried giving her ticklists of things to include but we don’t seem to be getting anywhere!?

Does anyone have any top tips that might help?!

With the CESSE exam not being until next September maybe give her a break away from continuous writing, ultimately this section is only worth a total of 15 marks. Seems to me your daughter may possibly be better positioned to meet your expectations -and tick list- in the few months leading up to the exam. In the meantime encourage her to new life experiences and also focus on broadening her reading instead.
exam2019

Re: Tips for the continuous writing?!

Post by exam2019 »

We are further from our exams but writing is an issue for us. We maybe have more fundamental problems, but we have stopped writing things down and focussed on story making and telling every day. Beginning, middle and end focus. Silly story games eg each adding a word and folding over the paper. Amanda Harrington does some good books on fun exercises to build up to story writing. Try to make it as fun as you can
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now