Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:42 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Transport
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:37 pm 

Hi
I would like to know if there is some direct transport from romford or hornchurch or guidea park to shoeburyness high school.
Thanks

Post subject: Re: Transport
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:20 am 

anhetaahmed wrote:
Hi
I would like to know if there is some direct transport from romford or hornchurch or guidea park to shoeburyness high school.
Thanks

Short answer - no

Although Shoeburyness is a member of the CSSE and therefore has some non catchment based selective places available, it is predominantly the catchment comprehensive school for Shoeburyness. I can't imagine that there are many, if any, students there from as far away as Romford. Presumably your DC scored at least 303 in the CSSE test? Did you name the school as first preference on your CAF?

If your DC is offered a place, the school is about a fifteen minute walk from Thorpe Bay station on the C2C line, so easy enough to get to once you get to Upminster (District line from Hornchurch or Overground from Romford). If your DC doesn't fancy the walk, the Arriva routes 1, 7 and 8 stop at Thorpe Bay and near the school. The 7 / 8 stops outside the school on Caulfield Road, but the 1 is more frequent; there is a path through from Delaware Rd which is normally locked, but I assume is accessible at the start and end of the school day.