CCHS Offers - 2018 intake

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Blitz

Re: CCHS Offers - 2018 intake

Post by Blitz »

As a note of caution, a friend told me once that her DD had scored 106. I was worried because her DD had not been offered a place. In fact she had scored 104.6. Friends can often 'muddle' scores.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

Blitz wrote:As a note of caution, a friend told me once that her DD had scored 106. I was worried because her DD had not been offered a place. In fact she had scored 104.6. Friends can often 'muddle' scores.
That is correct Blitz. Furthermore, they often round up or down the score. I had done the same thing, initially. Later on, I had realized that how significant is digits after the decimal point.
adrianamum2

Post by adrianamum2 »

spoton wrote:
adrianamum2 wrote:I’m sure something is not quite right!

108 i/c not offered
107 something i/c offered

?!?
If you see post from elevenplusfanatic, didn’t mention
whether it’s ic or occ. So I guess it’s occ.
as blueshutters confirmed 107 is ic
That will be the only explanation that can make sense...unless people are not disclosing the real score.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

For IC, there is a 'Ten top scoring applicants in receipt of Pupil Premium' category, isn't there? This may muddy the waters a bit with regard to scores offered / not offered, he the lowest score of one or more qualifying PP applicants is below the score of the 110th non-PP IC applicant (for illustrative purposes, I am discounting LAC and those with an EHCP).

From the 2018 admissions policy:

Where applications for admission exceed the number of places available in Year 7,
places will be awarded in rank order until the Published Admission Number is reached using the following geographical divisions. The first 80% of places will be
allocated in order from the Ranked List of Applicants (i.e. rank by academic score) following the School’s entrance test, to girls living at a permanent home address within a 12.5 miles radius (measured in a straight line) of the School.
Within this criterion, the highest priority will be given to any looked after or previously looked after child(ren) who have achieved a score at or above the cut-off
mark.
Thereafter within this criterion, the highest priority will be given to the top ten applicants, in receipt of pupil premium, who scored highest in the entrance test
(providing the cut-off mark is met) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
elevenplusfanatic

Post by elevenplusfanatic »

mainly looking for ic cut off for first offer on 1st March[/quote]

a friend's daughter didn't get in with 108.??[/quote]

r u ooc/ ic[/quote]

she is in catchment but just found out that she delayed the deadline in registering her new address so i think has been treated as out of catchment.
elevenplusfanatic

Post by elevenplusfanatic »

bndj2011 wrote:
elevenplusfanatic wrote:
spoton wrote:Does any one offered placement between 107.5 and 109?
mainly looking for ic cut off for first offer on 1st March
a friend's daughter didn't get in with 108.??
r u ooc/ ic[/quote]

she is in catchment but just found out that she delayed the deadline in registering her new address so i think has been treated as out of catchment.
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

CCHS have a policy that you have to be i/c at the time of registering to take the test to be counted as i/c. If you move into catchment afterwards, you will be counted as ooc. It is a hard system and CCHS is very strict on the checks they make re addresses and proof of residence.
spoton

Post by spoton »

spoton wrote:
blueshutters wrote:I have a friend whose daughter got in with 107. Something . In catchment .
Sorry to press on the same point, can you please enquire
about the percentail. A bit keen on that . Ty
Any luck with percentail please? 107.??
Sonz75

Post by Sonz75 »

Panic...

My daugher is i/ c and 107.16 NOT offered yet blueshutters friend is 107 i/c offered?

That cant be right?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sonz75 wrote:Panic...

My daugher is i/ c and 107.16 NOT offered yet blueshutters friend is 107 i/c offered?

That cant be right?
Blueshutters does say '110.something'. There is a lot of 'something' between 110.16 and 110.99.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now