SHSB Offers - 2018 intake

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
muerdago

Re: SHSB Offers - 2018 intake

Post by muerdago »

Score of 329.39. Out of catchment. Did not get offered a place at SHSB. :( What are the chances of being offered a place eventually, please?

Thank you so much in advance!
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

muerdago wrote:Score of 329.39. Out of catchment. Did not get offered a place at SHSB. :( What are the chances of being offered a place eventually, please?

I would think you stand a fairly good chance as that is quite close to the lowest score on this forum that did get in.
If you ring Southend Admissions they will be able to tell you your place on the waiting list.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

mum of boys wrote:
muerdago wrote:Score of 329.39. Out of catchment. Did not get offered a place at SHSB. :( What are the chances of being offered a place eventually, please?

I would think you stand a fairly good chance as that is quite close to the lowest score on this forum that did get in.
If you ring Southend Admissions they will be able to tell you your place on the waiting list.
I agree. It is very close. Most likely , you will get a place at some point of time before School starts.
muerdago

Post by muerdago »

Thanks so much for your replies! Keeping fingers crossed!
anticipation

Post by anticipation »

Shocker wrote:For those that are interested, a short update. Southend Admissions are liaising with the CSSE team & Essex Admissions, so with some luck we should get this resolved soon and hopefully, in our favour.
So pleased to hear this fingers crossed the mess up gets resolved asap, cant imagine how you must be feeling.
suttomac

Post by suttomac »

You must be so frustrated to have all this uncertainty, your son has done fantastically well to achieve a score that high and it is so obvious that an error has taken place, I’m sure it will all get sorted for you soon
For what it is worth my son scored 325.68 i/c and was offered SHSB as per his first choice so you should sail in!
Shocker

Post by Shocker »

We’ve had some good news as we head into the weekend. Our DS has been offered a place at SHSB. A mix up was found at Essex Admissions, which has now been sorted and a place offered at his first choice. Thank you all for your support, advice and input. We are very relieved to draw this to a positive conclusion
anticipation

Post by anticipation »

Shocker wrote:We’ve had some good news as we head into the weekend. Our DS has been offered a place at SHSB. A mix up was found at Essex Admissions, which has now been sorted and a place offered at his first choice. Thank you all for your support, advice and input. We are very relieved to draw this to a positive conclusion
Such good news, so pleased for you and your DS. Cant believe its taken all week for the admissions to sort it out though :roll: hope they apologised !
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

That is brilliant news Shocker. Glad it has been resolved. You can celebrate with a large glass of wine tonight!
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

Shocker wrote:We’ve had some good news as we head into the weekend. Our DS has been offered a place at SHSB. A mix up was found at Essex Admissions, which has now been sorted and a place offered at his first choice. Thank you all for your support, advice and input. We are very relieved to draw this to a positive conclusion
Fantastic news! Just a shame you’ve had such a stressful week. Enjoy celebrating this weekend!