WHSG Offers - 2018 intake

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Adi2006

Re: WHSG Offers - 2018 intake

Post by Adi2006 »

BuddyEssex wrote:
Tamtay wrote:335 ooc not-offered, 12th on waiting list
Tamtay can I ask how you know you are 12th on the waiting list ? I understood we have to wait til the 15th - sorry this is my first time doing this!
@BuddyEssex How did you get to know the waiting list position , did you call school ?
I too want to know my DD's WL
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Adi2006 wrote:
BuddyEssex wrote:
Tamtay can I ask how you know you are 12th on the waiting list ? I understood we have to wait til the 15th - sorry this is my first time doing this!
@BuddyEssex How did you get to know the waiting list position , did you call school ?
Waiting lists are maintained by Southend Borough Council Admissions (not the individual schools) until the end of the summer holidays.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Tamtay

Post by Tamtay »

BillBev18 wrote:
BillBev18 wrote:331.66 OOC not offered. Will advise when w/l place available.
Currently 30th on the W/L. A bit nervous now. We’re in the yellow zone but not sure if this is going to be the year that all scores in this zone aren’t eventually offered a place. I’ve looked at last years cut offs and it’s so random, I guess it’s just a waiting game.
Really a bit shock with the inflated score for WHSG. All yellow zone on ColCHS got a place already. Wonder why?
Adi2006

Post by Adi2006 »

Any idea how many wait list have been moved up and eventually secured place in WHSG last year.
BuddyEssex

Post by BuddyEssex »

Adi2006 wrote:
BuddyEssex wrote:
Adi - I didn't know my waiting list position but you can call Southend admissions as Tamtay advised in her previous post.
BuddyEssex

Post by BuddyEssex »

BuddyEssex wrote:336.839 o/c not offered WHSG
But offered SHSG o/c
Just called Southend Admissions - thank you Tamtay for the info
We are 3rd on the WL
Tamtay

Post by Tamtay »

Hi BuddyEssex, have you got an offer for your DD yet? I have seen from the SHSG page that the WHSG waiting list has move up 3 places. I didn’t manage to get in touch with Southend LA to check, they are too busy to pick up the phone. If you have got a place, congratulation and please let us know, thanks. Good luck everyone on the waiting list.
BuddyEssex

Post by BuddyEssex »

Tamtay wrote:Hi BuddyEssex, have you got an offer for your DD yet? I have seen from the SHSG page that the WHSG waiting list has move up 3 places. I didn’t manage to get in touch with Southend LA to check, they are too busy to pick up the phone. If you have got a place, congratulation and please let us know, thanks. Good luck everyone on the waiting list.

Hi Tamtay I saw that too so called Southend and finally got through after a few attempts. We are now 1st on the waiting list.
They told me if we get a place they will let Essex Admissions know and then they will send me a letter ...... snail mail ......
I'll update as soon as I hear anything.
BuddyEssex

Post by BuddyEssex »

BuddyEssex wrote:
Tamtay wrote:Hi BuddyEssex, have you got an offer for your DD yet? I have seen from the SHSG page that the WHSG waiting list has move up 3 places. I didn’t manage to get in touch with Southend LA to check, they are too busy to pick up the phone. If you have got a place, congratulation and please let us know, thanks. Good luck everyone on the waiting list.

Hi Tamtay I saw that too so called Southend and finally got through after a few attempts. We are now 1st on the waiting list.
They told me if we get a place they will let Essex Admissions know and then they will send me a letter ...... snail mail ......
I'll update as soon as I hear anything.

An update. My daughter was offered Westcliff today, which we have accepted and this has released a place at SHSG. Good luck everyone.... this forum has been a great help throughout.
Tamtay

Post by Tamtay »

Thank so for the update BuddyEssex, happy for you :D
Have checked that we have moved up 3 places, keeping waiting ...