WHSG Offers - 2018 intake

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tamtay

Re: WHSG Offers - 2018 intake

Post by Tamtay »

Just an update, move up 2 more spaces in early April, but no movement for the last 3 weeks :(
SchoolMum3G

Post by SchoolMum3G »

Hey :-)

Anyone in 7.6?

And, any updates on the waiting list places seems to have gone quiet on here.

A high 329 is waiting and wondering if there had been some movement.

Thanks
BillBev18

Post by BillBev18 »

We’re at 331 and have only dropped 11 spaces since March 1 and are currently at 19. It’s the WHSG 2 day induction this week so there may be movement after this but I can’t see them offering in the yellow zone before school starts.

Admissions said you automatically stay on the wait list for year 7 and can request to stay for Year 8. There’s still hope.
SchoolMum3G

Post by SchoolMum3G »

Thanks!

Movement is a lot slower than last year.

Good luck x
Tamtay

Post by Tamtay »

Just an update on progress, got an offer today, but we turned it down. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
BillBev18

Post by BillBev18 »

Tamtay wrote:Just an update on progress, got an offer today, but we turned it down. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Thanks for the update, it really helps those below. I can’t believe you were 12 w/l on March 1 and have just been offered - I think WHSG is just really popular this year. Good luck with your chosen school.

I understand that my daughter will remain on the list until Christmas and after that, if a space becomes available then she will need to sit a further exam.

The boys has moved quicker this year as I know of a boy that was offered WHSB last Friday with 331 OOC.
Tamtay

Post by Tamtay »

Hi BillBev,

I can’t believe it moves so slow either, there has been no movement for the whole summer holiday, we have been struggling to decide whether wait on or make a decision, which is very frustrating.

Yes, I think the waiting list stay till Xmas, and the school said they have in-year in-take if there are spaces, can apply in January and need to take a test.

Take care.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now