Go to navigation
It is currently Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:05 pm 

BuddyEssex wrote:
Tamtay wrote:
335 ooc not-offered, 12th on waiting list

Tamtay can I ask how you know you are 12th on the waiting list ? I understood we have to wait til the 15th - sorry this is my first time doing this!

@BuddyEssex How did you get to know the waiting list position , did you call school ?
I too want to know my DD's WL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:08 pm 

Adi2006 wrote:
BuddyEssex wrote:
Tamtay wrote:

Tamtay can I ask how you know you are 12th on the waiting list ? I understood we have to wait til the 15th - sorry this is my first time doing this!

@BuddyEssex How did you get to know the waiting list position , did you call school ?

Waiting lists are maintained by Southend Borough Council Admissions (not the individual schools) until the end of the summer holidays.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:17 pm 

BillBev18 wrote:
BillBev18 wrote:
331.66 OOC not offered. Will advise when w/l place available.

Currently 30th on the W/L. A bit nervous now. We’re in the yellow zone but not sure if this is going to be the year that all scores in this zone aren’t eventually offered a place. I’ve looked at last years cut offs and it’s so random, I guess it’s just a waiting game.

Really a bit shock with the inflated score for WHSG. All yellow zone on ColCHS got a place already. Wonder why?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:57 pm 

Any idea how many wait list have been moved up and eventually secured place in WHSG last year.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:21 pm 

Adi2006 wrote:
BuddyEssex wrote:
Tamtay wrote:

Adi - I didn't know my waiting list position but you can call Southend admissions as Tamtay advised in her previous post.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:24 pm 

BuddyEssex wrote:
336.839 o/c not offered WHSG
But offered SHSG o/c

Just called Southend Admissions - thank you Tamtay for the info
We are 3rd on the WL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:06 pm 

Hi BuddyEssex, have you got an offer for your DD yet? I have seen from the SHSG page that the WHSG waiting list has move up 3 places. I didn’t manage to get in touch with Southend LA to check, they are too busy to pick up the phone. If you have got a place, congratulation and please let us know, thanks. Good luck everyone on the waiting list.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:59 pm 

Tamtay wrote:
Hi BuddyEssex, have you got an offer for your DD yet? I have seen from the SHSG page that the WHSG waiting list has move up 3 places. I didn’t manage to get in touch with Southend LA to check, they are too busy to pick up the phone. If you have got a place, congratulation and please let us know, thanks. Good luck everyone on the waiting list.

Hi Tamtay I saw that too so called Southend and finally got through after a few attempts. We are now 1st on the waiting list.
They told me if we get a place they will let Essex Admissions know and then they will send me a letter ...... snail mail ......
I'll update as soon as I hear anything.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:27 pm 

BuddyEssex wrote:
Tamtay wrote:

Hi Tamtay I saw that too so called Southend and finally got through after a few attempts. We are now 1st on the waiting list.
They told me if we get a place they will let Essex Admissions know and then they will send me a letter ...... snail mail ......
I'll update as soon as I hear anything.

An update. My daughter was offered Westcliff today, which we have accepted and this has released a place at SHSG. Good luck everyone.... this forum has been a great help throughout.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:13 pm 

Thank so for the update BuddyEssex, happy for you :D
Have checked that we have moved up 3 places, keeping waiting ...