No 822 Bus to WHSB/G and SHSB/G

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
suttomac

No 822 Bus to WHSB/G and SHSB/G

Post by suttomac »

Hi I've just found this bus hidden away on First Bus Essex's website which is ideal for all in Canvey/Benfleet/Thundersley/Leigh areas

It runs once in the morning and once in the evening so it looks to be a school bus laid on for the Southend Schools

I'm not sure how I've missed it, does anyone use this service currently, is it reliable, does it get full etc ?

Thanks
ToadMum

Re: No 822 Bus to WHSB/G and SHSB/G

Post by ToadMum »

suttomac wrote:Hi I've just found this bus hidden away on First Bus Essex's website which is ideal for all in Canvey/Benfleet/Thundersley/Leigh areas

It runs once in the morning and once in the evening so it looks to be a school bus laid on for the Southend Schools

I'm not sure how I've missed it, does anyone use this service currently, is it reliable, does it get full etc ?

Thanks
Seen it many times (and yes, it does seem to just about get to SHSG on time) but ours have never used it as they have variously just used the normal public bus service or (DD and DS1 when at SHSG) the train

Bear in mind that it wends its way round all the schools, so depending on exactly where you live, other services may well be quicker - most would get the 21 to SHSB / WHSG / WHSB / Tommy More's, for example, or anything along the London Road and walk down Nelson Road / Darlinghust Grove / Hainault Avenue as appropriate. And for SHSG, almost anyone anywhere within walking distance of a C2C station would use the train: c.15 minutes on the train plus a similar walk at the other end beats ?an hour sitting on a bus for most SHSG pupils, I think.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
suttomac

Post by suttomac »

Thanks, we are near the Castle Point Council offices and going to SHSB , annoyingly the 21 loops around us and misses us going through Thundersley village, it also looks to get into SHSB very early 7.45 or too late really at around 8.20

Trains wouldn't really work as we are a couple of miles to the station

I'm sure things will work out, but as he is a newbie going into Yr 8 this year we are only just looking it this :D
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

suttomac wrote:Thanks, we are near the Castle Point Council offices and going to SHSB , annoyingly the 21 loops around us and misses us going through Thundersley village, it also looks to get into SHSB very early 7.45 or too late really at around 8.20

Trains wouldn't really work as we are a couple of miles to the station

I'm sure things will work out, but as he is a newbie going into Yr 8 this year we are only just looking it this :D
The Arriva route 1 runs every ten minutes; he needs to be getting to the Plough by about 8.10 to walk down Hainault Avenue and up Highfield Gardens (traffic lights at all the crossings on the way). DS2 in theory gets out of the house in time to walk to the Darlinghust Grove stop for the 7.51, although I'm not sure he always makes it :roll: .

The First 27 and 28 are also a possibility.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now