KEGS starters 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mum of boys

KEGS starters 2018

Post by mum of boys »

Hello to all those with DS starting at KEGS in September.

I was trawling back through old threads and had a look at the "KEGS entry 2017" thread. Lots of useful info about PE kit ad other practical stuff in case anyone is interested!

It mentioned that last year there was an Easter Sports course that the boys were invited to before they started, but I've not had any info about it this year. It may well be that they are not running it this year, but I just thought I'd ask and see if anyone else had received any info about it? The only correspondence I've had so far has been the welcome pack with all the forms and info about the induction day.

If anyone has received any other info I'd be grateful if you could let me know!

Thanks
rocket19

Re: KEGS starters 2018

Post by rocket19 »

Probably not running it due to the new sports hall construction.
My advice would be to label all the kit and remind the boys as much as possible to make sure they have it with them - this year so much kit has gone missing and hardly ever turns up!
HopefulMumto2boys

Post by HopefulMumto2boys »

I think the reason there's no sports course at Easter is because the PE teacher that ran it had a dreadful accident at the end of last year and is only just back at school.

I found the PE info very useful..... cheap white shorts are fine (eBay is your friend), no tracksuit required (even for teams) and generic black cotton rugby shorts are also fine. My son wears running leggings under his shorts for rugby, and a plain black running top underneath his school rugby shirt. Buy 2 pairs of rugby socks from the shop though..... those damn things have legs!

(Also worth a mention, my son lost his rugby shirt for weeks, couldn't get a new one from the shop as there was a problem with the supplier, but no-one batted an eyelid. They just hand out stuff from the lost property box :? It's not nearly as strict as we feared)
T0tleybrook

Post by T0tleybrook »

Well, I'm glad to say that we've survived the first 3 terms with only the need to replace our white PE shorts.
Ebay is indeed your friend....buy multiples of everything! There is a kit eating monster at KEGS, and the lost property is overflowing, but noone ever seems to find their stuff despite it (probably more down to young boys not making the effort to look!).

Rugby/football boots: They're really not very strict about this, and the teachers are happy to accept either footwear for both sport.
No need for vests, tracksuits etc. Just white PE kit and rugby kit will suffice.
mum of boys

Post by mum of boys »

Thank you all for your words of wisdom. Insider info on the PE kit is most useful! And also good to know that they're not horribly strict. I will buy cheap where possible, and with duplicates!