CCHS Sept 2018 batch

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

caringdaddy

CCHS Sept 2018 batch

Post by caringdaddy »

Dear friends

I just wanted to start a thread where we can share information about the events, activities and other stuff lined up for our DD's till September. There seems to be no better place than this website. I know there is a whatsapp and facebook group but some parents don't prefer to share their details for good reason.
To kick start this forum, just wanted to check if anyone has received the welcome pack?
Thanks
livefortoday

Re: CCHS Sept 2018 batch

Post by livefortoday »

Yes received the welcome pack, bit of a non event. Logged into Parent Pay to see they want us to donate money for this, that and the other. Didn't see anywhere to let them know we won't be attending their meeting or taster day. All a bit we're supposed to be grateful our children are going there. Not sure they're going to like me much. :lol:
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

livefortoday wrote:Yes received the welcome pack, bit of a non event. Logged into Parent Pay to see they want us to donate money for this, that and the other. Didn't see anywhere to let them know we won't be attending their meeting or taster day. All a bit we're supposed to be grateful our children are going there. Not sure they're going to like me much. :lol:

Oh dear. We were moving a long way when DS was starting in year 7 - we travelled to make sure that DS went to the induction day and also DD went to visit her new school on the same day. Both were glad they went - parents sometimes like to be "different" but kids quite often like to fit in and be like all the others ( at least at the beginning). Even if you don't want to go to the meetings, don't make your child feel left out by not going to the induction day.
Galleywoodad

Post by Galleywoodad »

I have a DD who goes to CCHS and I am grateful. She has had a great time there and been taught by inspirational and dedicated teachers.

I remember the induction day fondly as the girls put on a performance for the parents at the end of the day. They also get given a form photo of their peers taken on that day. DD still has it up in her room. Is there a reason your DD is not attending the taster day?

I hope you warm to the school and become a little more supportive and enthusiastic.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

livefortoday wrote:Yes received the welcome pack, bit of a non event. Logged into Parent Pay to see they want us to donate money for this, that and the other. Didn't see anywhere to let them know we won't be attending their meeting or taster day. All a bit we're supposed to be grateful our children are going there. Not sure they're going to like me much. :lol:
I’m not sure anyone is going to like you if that’s your attitude......why are you sending your daughter there if that’s how you feel? I’m sure there are lots of parents and daughters who would be grateful of your daughters place if you don’t want it!!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

pinkrabbit38 wrote:
I’m not sure anyone is going to like you if that’s your attitude......why are you sending your daughter there if that’s how you feel? I’m sure there are lots of parents and daughters who would be grateful of your daughters place if you don’t want it!!
:shock:

But cheer up, livefortoday. Even if the school - who will, I'm afraid, annoying as it may be, keep trying to engage with you vis a vis your DD's education - learn not to like you very much, if you never go anywhere near the place yourself at least none of the other parents are likely to be able to form an opinion one way or another :) .

( Of course, this is where we all feel terribly embarrassed, if the reason for non attendance at this first event is that you and your OH are taking the opportunity to visit ailing relatives in Aberdeen whilst your DD is away on her year 6 residential...).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
livefortoday

Post by livefortoday »

hermanmunster wrote:

Oh dear. We were moving a long way when DS was starting in year 7 - we travelled to make sure that DS went to the induction day and also DD went to visit her new school on the same day. Both were glad they went - parents sometimes like to be "different" but kids quite often like to fit in and be like all the others ( at least at the beginning). Even if you don't want to go to the meetings, don't make your child feel left out by not going to the induction day.
We're on holiday so we won't be cancelling. If it were that important she was there they would give more notice.