Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Waylea

Essex School Applications - Advice Needed

Post by Waylea »

Hello,

I hope you are all well.

I have a dilemma and wanted to check if what I planned to do was acceptable. My daughter will be sitting the grammar exams in September and I realised this week that the results are posted CSSE 15th Oct CEM 16th Oct and we go away 18th October until the 1st November.

I was planning to put down my 6 preferences in order of choice if we do not receive the results before we leave in the reliable 1st class next day post. Would this be ok as obviously, if she was unsuccessful I assume they'd just move down the list until she is offered a place?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

:D
pinkrabbit38

Re: Essex School Applications - Advice Needed

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

Waylea wrote:Hello,

I hope you are all well.

I have a dilemma and wanted to check if what I planned to do was acceptable. My daughter will be sitting the grammar exams in September and I realised this week that the results are posted CSSE 15th Oct CEM 16th Oct and we go away 18th October until the 1st November.

I was planning to put down my 6 preferences in order of choice if we do not receive the results before we leave in the reliable 1st class next day post. Would this be ok as obviously, if she was unsuccessful I assume they'd just move down the list until she is offered a place?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

:D

The csse results will be available online on 15th/16th too.
But yes you can just fill in the form as you rightly say they will look at your first choice and if they cannot offer you that school then your 2nd choice becomes your first choice and so on until they can offer you a place.
Waylea

Post by Waylea »

Thank you ever so much for responding. Yes I forgot about the online although CEM is post only and predictably the first preference.

Thanks again I’ll do that :-)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Waylea wrote:Thank you ever so much for responding. Yes I forgot about the online although CEM is post only and predictably the first preference.

Thanks again I’ll do that :-)
Can you get someone to go and open your post for you and let you know the CCHS result? Then you can just submit your CAF online from wherever you are.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
KB

Post by KB »

If you don't have more than your "allowed" choices why would you not put the schools in the real preferred order whatever the results?