First Bus Essex 13a

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

minipot

First Bus Essex 13a

Post by minipot »

Hi there, my daughter will be starting at CCHS in September and I've been trying to purchase tickets for the bus route 13a without much luck. It used to be part of the scholar's season ticket scheme but is no longer supported by them, customer services at First Essex buses themselves have no idea and are advising an all Essex bus pass at £88 for 4 weeks which there's no way I'm doing, and the Consortium Office told me they weren't allowed to sell tickets for this route.

Does anyone's daughter use this route already so could enlighten me? Or is anyone's daughter planning to use this route from September and has successfully purchased tickets?

I would be really grateful for any assistance. All I want to do is buy a ticket from this route only.
Thanks in advance.
Mini
ToadMum

Re: First Bus Essex 13a

Post by ToadMum »

I can't see the 13A on the list of available routes for August 2018, linked to from this page?
https://www.essexhighways.org/getting-a ... ckets.aspx
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
minipot

Post by minipot »

Hi Toadmum,
Thank you, yes they have stopped offering the 13a on a scholar's season ticket as of this academic year but the bus is still running, and is contracted by the county council. When I called the council, they suggested ringing the bus company, which I did, and didn't get anywhere!

I'm hoping someone on here purchased tickets for this route and can help!

Thank you
Mini
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

Lots of the routes are not available on scholars tickets.

Many girls pay £88 per month and it gives them the flexibility to use any first bus in Essex. So they can visit a friend then get home on their own. My dd had friends in Billericay and Bicknacre that did this.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Blitz wrote:Lots of the routes are not available on scholars tickets.

Many girls pay £88 per month and it gives them the flexibility to use any first bus in Essex. So they can visit a friend then get home on their own. My dd had friends in Billericay and Bicknacre that did this.
If the Consortium office is saying that it can't sell termly tickets for the route (which seems odd, since their 'First' fares link gives prices for public routes, but if they can't, they can't, I suppose), the normal season ticket would seem to be the way to go. As Blitz says, it gives a lot more flexibility than the schoolday only, single route ticket, so facilitates friendships and independence.

Have you tried waiting at your local stop and asking a bus driver what tickets the schoolchildren use who take that service?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
minipot

Post by minipot »

Thank you Blitz and Toadmum.

Yes I see the advantage of the £88 bus pass, and if it is the only option then so be it.

I had considered asking the bus drivers, but as the 13a was covered on the scholar's season ticket up until now, I assumed most of the girls were probably buying that ticket. It's worth doing in September once school starts again, I suppose.

Thank you both for your replies, much appreciated.
Mini
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now