Ok-whose DC is doing CSSE on Saturday + how are we feeling?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Appuskidu

Re: Ok-whose DC is doing CSSE on Saturday + how are we feeli

Post by Appuskidu »

luvparenting wrote:
pg19 wrote:Hello, so these scores are good enough for those who need 303? How much will we need for super selectives, and also bear in mind another element of age standardisation..winter borns will get how many marks less? Any thoughts??
So there are a few variables that will be at play here but let’s try this out using 2014 – 2017 data.

Average English mean score (2014 – 2017) – 55%
Average English standard deviation (2014 – 2017) – 8.7

Average Maths mean score (2014 – 2017) – 58%
Average Maths standard deviation (2014 – 2017) – 11.7

So, using the above:

To achieve a combined Standardised Score of 304, a possible scenario could be:
English Raw Score - 42/60
Maths Raw Score – 25/60

To achieve a combined Standardised Score of 345, a possible scenario could be:
English Raw Score - 42/60 (keeping the English score same as above for comparison sake)
Maths Raw Score – 46.5/60

OR

To achieve a combined Standardised Score of 304, a possible scenario could be:
English Raw Score - 42/60
Maths Raw Score – 25/60

To achieve a combined Standardised Score of 345, a possible scenario could be:
English Raw Score – 58/60
Maths Raw Score – 25/60 (keeping the Maths score same as above for comparison sake)

I did hear about age becoming a factor of score standardisation. The above scenarios don’t take into account this additional variable.
I have everything crossed that the maths mean isn’t that high!
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

I think I'd be in with a good chance of passing this maths paper after the last two days of calculating make believe standardised scores. :lol:

I'm going to dip out for a few days - this isn't doing me any good and it's totally out of my control so there really isn't any point in worrying or assuming until I've got the standardised scores on Tuesday. I have all my fingers and toes cross; not just for my DD but for all of yours too - one thing is for sure, wherever they go they have mums (and/or dads) who will be right behind them (nagging) all the way and they'll be just fine. xx
Appuskidu

Post by Appuskidu »

Leighmum2019 wrote:I think I'd be in with a good chance of passing this maths paper after the last two days of calculating make believe standardised scores. :lol:

I'm going to dip out for a few days - this isn't doing me any good and it's totally out of my control so there really isn't any point in worrying or assuming until I've got the standardised scores on Tuesday. I have all my fingers and toes cross; not just for my DD but for all of yours too - one thing is for sure, wherever they go they have mums (and/or dads) who will be right behind them (nagging) all the way and they'll be just fine. xx
I don’t blame you; the wait is driving me crazy.

I just wonder what on earth was actually on that maths paper-did anyone’s DC manage to remember what sort of questions there were that were so hard? DD said there was nothing on pie charts or Venn diagrams.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now