Ok-whose DC is doing CSSE on Saturday + how are we feeling?!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
MmeOgg

Re: Ok-whose DC is doing CSSE on Saturday + how are we feeli

Post by MmeOgg »

My DS said one paper was significantly harder than the other. He's quite demoralised. Oh well.
Nickib

Post by Nickib »

DD also said one paper was harder than we practiced & one was quite similar. She skipped a couple of questions in one & didn’t quite finish the other which is a bit worrying but she seems happy enough so that’s good enough for me.
Totallyutterly

Post by Totallyutterly »

Yes one was harder than the other from mine... and the one he found harder he is more confident in usually. He came out happy though, said he’d left a few questions but was happy with what he did.
Greatt84

Post by Greatt84 »

My DD seemed happier with one paper than the other too.

This is the first time we've gone through this process and I was shocked at the amount of people! How many people normally go for Colchester girls?
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

Oh no, now I’m really worried that DD has just missed the point which is why she hasn’t it difficult! Oh well, it’s over now and just a waiting game.

I was shocked at the number of people too- DD sat at whsg.
Greatt84

Post by Greatt84 »

Don't worry too much, my daughter generally isn't a reliable source of info. She did a mock a few weeks ago and got 95% in the English and thought she'd done terribly, and in another got 47% in Maths and thought she'd done really well!!!
Taolut

Post by Taolut »

DS also came out saying one was considerably harder than the other but he managed to finish and he is happy which is the most important thing.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

DD3 said that one paper was harder than the other (normally the one she gets really high marks on). She said she couldn’t do 3 questions on it and ran out of time....completely unheard of for her. Talking to the children I tutor they all said the same.
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

I have broken my own golden rule and quizzed DD on the paper I assume some children have found harder- it’s normally her weaker paper (if I’ve got it the right way round!) but she keeps saying the same- that it was mostly fine. Luckily we’re quite laid back about the results but I’m wondering if she’s going to fail miserably or have sailed through!

Only 23 days to go! :lol:
bala1000

Post by bala1000 »

same here. one subject was much harder than the other. Can we guess what could be the avg marks in English and Maths?