CSSE Exam on Tuesday 2019 Entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
failingtopass

CSSE Exam on Tuesday 2019 Entry

Post by failingtopass »

Hi, any ideas if the questions are the same for both dates.?

My DS sat exam on Saturday but there are some children in his class who will be doing it on Tuesday. Are they the same. I'm afraid he may spill the beans on the questions. I have not asked him much about it in case their parents ask me and i am put in an uncomfortable situation.
Daogroupie

Re: CSSE Exam on Tuesday 2019 Entry

Post by Daogroupie »

It is usually a different paper but just smile at them and don't answer.

They have absolutely no right to ask you.

They are certainly not your friends if they do.

Tell him to do the same. Just smile and don't answer. DG
RedDevil66

Post by RedDevil66 »

failingtopass wrote:Hi, any ideas if the questions are the same for both dates.?

My DS sat exam on Saturday but there are some children in his class who will be doing it on Tuesday. Are they the same. I'm afraid he may spill the beans on the questions. I have not asked him much about it in case their parents ask me and i am put in an uncomfortable situation.
Simply tell them it's a different paper. End of
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

RedDevil66 wrote:
failingtopass wrote:Hi, any ideas if the questions are the same for both dates.?

Simply tell them it's a different paper. End of
Always has been, as far back as I can remember. I think there is a post on here somewhere listing the comprehension passages from the main and reserve date paper going even further back than that.

Or just tell your DC to say, the invigilator said it will be much more fun for the grownups on the 2nd, because the reserve date passage is always from the central three pages of Lolita :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If I was asked I'd be naughty and say something like DS was surprised to get a passage from Winnie the Pooh; then see how far the rumour goes :lol:
p_orange

Post by p_orange »

I had checked this before the exams with CSSE office and their response to this was that the papers will be different including continuous writing but at the same complexity level as the papers on 22nd. Also the standardisation that will be applied will be same for both sets of papers. But agree with others on the types of responses your DS or DD should give :)
htm

Post by htm »

p_orange wrote:I had checked this before the exams with CSSE office and their response to this was that the papers will be different including continuous writing but at the same complexity level as the papers on 22nd. Also the standardisation that will be applied will be same for both sets of papers. But agree with others on the types of responses your DS or DD should give :)
Then why are people being so cryptic about which paper was hard? Saying paper 1 or paper 2 (this or that), instead being explicit about Maths & English? If papers will be different, then surely even broader contents of 1st date papers can be discussed without running afoul of forum rules. Why not?

Dislaimer: my son has already taken the test on the 1st date, so I have nothing to gain from knowing which paper was harder.
better to be moderate, than be moderated
veryhopefulmum

Post by veryhopefulmum »

My DD has already done hers too and I don't understand either why people cant say whether it was English or Maths that was harder. It's done now so what's the harm if the second sitting is different?
Appuskidu

Post by Appuskidu »

veryhopefulmum wrote:My DD has already done hers too and I don't understand either why people cant say whether it was English or Maths that was harder. It's done now so what's the harm if the second sitting is different?
Is there a moderator on here who can clarify what we can/can’t say about saturday’s test?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Pleae don’t disclose anything that would benefit a late sitter. we usually take this to mean actual questions, words, question types, number of questions, timings etc.

I personally don’t think saying that one test was easy or hard actually helps or hinders in general as it’s quite subjective. However some people on this part of the forum have felt it does.

If you are unsure at all, then err on the side of caution, it could be your child that doesn’t get a place due to a late sitter getting a small advantage by info gleaned from those taking it earlier. If you think it might in anyway benefit a late sitter then keep it to yourself.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now