The Waiting Room

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Taolut

Re: The Waiting Room

Post by Taolut »

I honestly feel the same way reading all your comments above. On the other hand, my DS isn't phased at all, in his own words "I couldn't have done any better". He reckons the Maths was a bit harder than the past years but not to the point that its not doable and the English in his own words was a "walk in the park". Guess we'll find out what that means tomorrow.

Our local school is absolutely POOR and the emphasis of how poor it is in in the caps.

This is our 2nd 11plus journey with my first currently in year 8 at CRGS, one would think i'd be used to this by now but my nerves are over the roof. I will check online sometimes 11am after I have seen the thread of results (I did same the last time as I couldn't bear to open the link ha), and let DS open the envelope when he gets back from school.

I am super proud of him either way but would love him to pass as our locals is nothing to write home about :)

Good luck to all our lovely children for tomorrow, they have all done really well no matter what.
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

bittenfingernails wrote: Somebody told me that they know someone who has been marking the maths papers and the average score has been 25/60. This is gossip and speculation, of course, but will be interesting to see if this turns out to be right.
This makes me feel sick, hopeful and tearful all in one uncharted emotion. DD is my eldest and this is all new to me; I've learnt that disappointment for yourself is horrible but it feels ten times worse when it's your own little person's disappointment - every bit of me aches!

FWIW she was expected to get around 62-67% in maths based on mocks etc and I saw her raw score last weekend , 43%, so this isn't unfeasible. I also worry about the heavily tutored kids driving the average up though.
bittenfingernails

Post by bittenfingernails »

Oh crikey, Leighmum. What a stressful week you must have had. I'm only repeating what I've heard, which makes it gossip, obvs, but fingers crossed that it *is* the case, and standardisation will work its magic. I worry whether my DS simply misunderstood what was expected of him, which is why he found it 'alright'!! I've heard from other parents there were apparently one or two curve-balls in the English paper too, neither of which he mentioned to me.
AlP80

Post by AlP80 »

Anyone else chancing their arm on the "11+ Results" section of the CSSE website, just in case? :lol:
Buddhi

Post by Buddhi »

Hi my child felt the mats was ok but could not do one part of a question. I did not inquire much as it’s all done and I can’t do any thing about it. I am so worried after reading all the comments about the maths paper.
English is the one my child said few questions were a bit not sure.

I think in 11 plus preparation this is the hardest bit.
bittenfingernails

Post by bittenfingernails »

Ha. Tried that this morning as I'd forgotten my password etc but it's not working. The CSSE said they'd disabled the link until tomorrow.
kegboys

Post by kegboys »

We have one boy in KEGS and our other son hopes to get in, he said the maths was not hard but there was lots of it, so he missed last question and did not have time to check, he thought the English was ok, last year you could log on before 7 am and see results, we will log on then but not tell our son until after school if he hasn't got the score (OC for Westcliffe but IC for KEGS), you have to remember to press PRINT to see the results and you get the traffic light sheet in the post, it is not online anywhere usually for a while. He was not over tutored or over worked, he just did his best and he will be fine whatever happens. I know from the work my son is doing at KEGS that it is of a high level (French or German GCSE in year 9) so over tutored children may struggle when there, unless they continue to work very hard or be tutored whilst they are there.
Appuskidu

Post by Appuskidu »

25?!

Wow, that’s interesting-i wonder how true that is?!

I suppose the English did go down to 37% (an equivalent of about 22.5/60) in 2013, so it’s not totally implausible. I don’t think I’ll get my hopes up just yet though.

Tomorrow will be interesting, I guess :shock:
Dancingmum2007

Post by Dancingmum2007 »

Does anyone know if you can view the results fully from an iphone or is it better to log in from a pc?
Appuskidu

Post by Appuskidu »

Dancingmum2007 wrote:Does anyone know if you can view the results fully from an iphone or is it better to log in from a pc?
Your phone should be fine.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now