The Waiting Room

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Leighmum2019

The Waiting Room

Post by Leighmum2019 »

Well, less than 24 hours to go. My nerves are shot, I've run over ever single standardisation possibility and successfully avoid the teacher on the playground this morning.

How are we all feeling?
Saltylerjoel

Re: The Waiting Room

Post by Saltylerjoel »

I was obsessing over what the results could be all last week, but strangely enough feel quite calm today. I think I've resigned myself to thinking that DD has probably not scored enough for a 303 pass based on how difficult she found the Maths paper, but it's all good as she really likes our catchment secondary school. I'll be giving her big hugs and letting her know how proud we are of her no matter what the result. :)
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

Ah, me too. DD doesn't care one jot - she's happy with our catchment school and she's quite studious so there's nothing to suggest she wouldn't do well there so it's all a moot point really.

I'll be totally honest, under the guise of internet anonymity, that it's facing the other parents who have had better news and the pity smiles I don't think I can bear. :oops:
Appuskidu

Post by Appuskidu »

Well, I’m bordering on the hysterical knowing exactly how badly DD found the maths!

Sadly our catchment school is dire, so tomorrow may well bring the news that we will have to wait five months to hear which of the ‘long shot’ schools on our list we might have (or not have) been allocated :cry: .

What time are we all attempting to log on tomorrow?
Buddhi

Post by Buddhi »

I am waiting for the cchs results and CSSE. Feeling so scared right now . Secondary in our area really poor . Hope we all get some good news .
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

Appuskidu wrote: What time are we all attempting to log on tomorrow?
I will try at 8am before I leave for work (so I can cry in the car if I can get in); otherwise 9am when I'm sat at my desk. My colleagues are brilliant so they'll be anxiously waiting with me with everything crossed.

also probably at 5am, 6am and 7am too....
Motherofboys

Post by Motherofboys »

Wishing everyone the very best.
tahm563

Post by tahm563 »

Feeling so nervous here too. DD doesn't seem budged/worried at all. I feel like I never felt so anxious even for my own exam results. Our local secondary is quite poor and DD didn't like it a bit, so don't really know what we will do if she doesn't make it :-(.

Yes, will probably wake up at 6 am to check..
Appuskidu

Post by Appuskidu »

My older DC’s results came out at ‘start of business’ a few years back and it was bang on 9am, so I suspect it might be then. I also suspect the website might crash!!
Dancingmum2007

Post by Dancingmum2007 »

Goodness I’m so nervous! My DD has been really quiet about the results until last night when she told me how nervous she is feeling. I don’t think I’ll be sleeping much tonight! I’ll be trying to log on throughout the night I’m sure :oops:

Good luck to everyone, they are all superstars no matter the results :D