Placement chances for my DD ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

EvaZ

Placement chances for my DD ?

Post by EvaZ »

Hi Everyone :)
My Daughter passed the 11+ with a score of 326.1 and the CEM with a score of 104.47
Unfortunately she got very overwhelmed at the begining of the English paper in the csse (which is her stronger subject)
and scored 36/60 and 38/60 for maths.
She has worked so hard the last few months and she is feeling a bit deflated. :(
We have assured her she will do well what ever school she goes to.
does she have a chance of the
below schools
colCHS
CCHS ic 104.47
whsg ooc
shsg ooc
thanks in advance for any advice
JosieC

Re: Placement chances for my DD ?

Post by JosieC »

Hi Eva,

I am unable to advise on CCHS. Re an OOC place for ColCHS, WHSG or SHSG, based on the schools cut off marks over the last 4 years I would suggest that your DD's best chance is SHSG, followed by ColCHS and then WHSG. I'm not advising you to put this order of schools on your application form though. Always choose the schools in the order you want. If your DD doesn't meet the cut off for her first choice school, they will then look at your second choice school, then third choice school and so on. Your order of preference has no impact on your chances of being allocated a particular school. School allocation is based on your DD's pass mark and other students' pass marks, not the order of preference on the application form.

I hope this makes sense and best of luck for your daughter.

Joanne.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Leaving the score aside for a moment- where do you actually live - are schools in Colchester, Chelmsford, the Westcliff / Leigh border and Southchurch all within reasonable travelling distance for your DD on a daily basis?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
EvaZ

Post by EvaZ »

Hi
Thanks for the replies
we live in catchment for cchs ,and 10 miles from colchester so both are a reasonable journey.
The bus leaves for the southend schools at 7 and returns at 5.10 nearby so very doable, and we have close family in southend ,so collection from after school activities would be no problem.
keeping our fingers crossed.
Hedgehogmum

Post by Hedgehogmum »

We may be considering this bus journey too if we get offered westcliff/Southend. It seems long but my son doesn't seem too bothered and is willing to consider it to go to a grammar school.
KB

Post by KB »

Hedgehogmum wrote:We may be considering this bus journey too if we get offered westcliff/Southend. It seems long but my son doesn't seem too bothered and is willing to consider it to go to a grammar school.
It does depend what your other options are but a long journey to a GS v nearby decent comprehensive should be very carefully considered.

Before making a final decision maybe you should do a few weeks trial of getting up and ready for whatever time you'd need to leave the house. Its not a true experience but a bit of an insight.
Hedgehogmum

Post by Hedgehogmum »

My only concern is the long commute. I can drop off and pick up at at least twice a week. We all want what's best....