Go to navigation
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:32 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:25 am
Posts: 17
Hi All, Can anyone tell the last score offered for WHSG (out of catchment) in the last year (2018).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:41 am
Posts: 8239
Location: Essex
Starlearner17 wrote:
Hi All, Can anyone tell the last score offered for WHSG (out of catchment) in the last year (2018).


The last score in notified by a forum member will be in Blitz's Collated cut offs thread near the top of the index for the Essex section of the forum (I.e. this bit :) ).

Eta, for the horse's mouth figure, you could try asking the school?

_________________
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:10 am
Posts: 4
I went to the presentation at WHSG last Thursday.

Last year for out of catchment, pupils out of the priority catchment area needed 337.4, however there was some movement between 1st March and 31st August and the last place offered to an out of priority area child was for 333.

He suggested this year it could be as low as 327.

Hope that helps.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:22 am
Posts: 40
Mrsb_loves wrote:
I went to the presentation at WHSG last Thursday.

Last year for out of catchment, pupils out of the priority catchment area needed 337.4, however there was some movement between 1st March and 31st August and the last place offered to an out of priority area child was for 333.

He suggested this year it could be as low as 327.

Hope that helps.


Really! As low as 227?what else did they say?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:10 am
Posts: 4
Sorry , that was pretty all the info I got for OOC as we are IC the questions being asked weren’t relevant to us and we left soon after x


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:25 am
Posts: 17
Thanks Mrsb-loves. You gave a positive hope for me.It meant alot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:31 am
Posts: 50
Don’t wish to put a downer on it but last year he said similar and that he thought it would go below guidance sheet and he estimated 329 (my daughter was 328.751 OOC), obviously it didn’t go anywhere near. That said she got a place at SHSG and I now realise it’s a better fit for her personally so I’m actually relieved! (Had she scored the same this year, looking at somone else with the same marks she would have scored 348! It was meant to be I think)
Like both schools just a personal opinion.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:22 am
Posts: 40
missymoo1972 wrote:
Don’t wish to put a downer on it but last year he said similar and that he thought it would go below guidance sheet and he estimated 329 (my daughter was 328.751 OOC), obviously it didn’t go anywhere near. That said she got a place at SHSG and I now realise it’s a better fit for her personally so I’m actually relieved! (Had she scored the same this year, looking at somone else with the same marks she would have scored 348! It was meant to be I think)
Like both schools just a personal opinion.


You clearly can't be comparing last years paper to this year. Last years' maths is the easiest on record and this year the hardest by the looks of it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:31 am
Posts: 50
I wasn’t comparing papers (though that’s the first I’ve heard that the maths was the easiest on record as everyone commented how easy the English was!) I was merely stating how different the standardisation can be as it was different by 20 marks. Obviously it wasn’t age standardised either.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
CALL 020 8204 5060
   
Privacy Policy | Refund Policy | Disclaimer | Copyright © 2004 – 2018