Dilema

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bears85

Dilema

Post by bears85 »

I have a question, I have two boys at CRGS, my dd scored 321.9 so looking unlikely to get a place even on the waiting list. My question is would anyone put it as first choice anyway and risk losing a place at her second choice if it's over subscribed or should we just leave it off the list? Would appreciate the advice.
Guest55

Re: Dilema

Post by Guest55 »

Put the schools in your true order of preference - you wont 'lose a place' because it's not your first choice.
mad?

Post by mad? »

bears85 wrote:I have a question, I have two boys at CRGS, my dd scored 321.9 so looking unlikely to get a place even on the waiting list. My question is would anyone put it as first choice anyway and risk losing a place at her second choice if it's over subscribed or should we just leave it off the list? Would appreciate the advice.
You will not risk losing a place at your 2nd choice, if your DD does not qualify for CRGS 'the system' will then look at her eligibility for her 2nd choice and treat it, in effect, as her 1st. Put the schools in your genuine order of preference.
ETA crossed posts with G55
mad?
bears85

Post by bears85 »

Thank you for the replies. I had been really concerned that I would spoil her chances of going with her friends.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

There is an explanation here of the equal preference system, along with an example to illustrate it.
scary mum
bears85

Post by bears85 »

scary mum wrote:There is an explanation here of the equal preference system, along with an example to illustrate it.
That's brilliant thank you!