Who is going to CRGS ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

suffolkparentCRGS

Who is going to CRGS ?

Post by suffolkparentCRGS »

Firstly my congratulations to those of you who's children has got their first choice schools and my heartfelt comisserations to those that have not.

My son is going to CRGS but is the only one from his school and will not know any one else there. Is there any one else in this same position? Please make contact if your DS is in the same boat.

Fiona
KB

Post by KB »

Hi.
My eldest is in last few weeks after 7 years at CRGS. Youngest will be starting in September.
If the same as previous years, there will be induction day towards end of this year & a parents meeting one evening around the same time.
My son took little cards with his contact details to the induction day & met up with a few people who were going to be in his form during the summer holidays.
Don't know if they still have the same policy but they used to make sure boys from the same primary school were put in different forms to help everyone make new friends.
Hope this helps!
suffolkparentCRGS

Post by suffolkparentCRGS »

KB wrote:Hi.
My eldest is in last few weeks after 7 years at CRGS. Youngest will be starting in September.
If the same as previous years, there will be induction day towards end of this year & a parents meeting one evening around the same time.
My son took little cards with his contact details to the induction day & met up with a few people who were going to be in his form during the summer holidays.
Don't know if they still have the same policy but they used to make sure boys from the same primary school were put in different forms to help everyone make new friends.
Hope this helps!
Thank you that helps a lot.
toffee

Re: Who is going to CRGS ?

Post by toffee »

suffolkparentCRGS wrote:Firstly my congratulations to those of you who's children has got their first choice schools and my heartfelt comisserations to those that have not.

My son is going to CRGS but is the only one from his school and will not know any one else there. Is there any one else in this same position? Please make contact if your DS is in the same boat.

Fiona
My son plus one other are only two going. Lets do the card thing, which I think is a great idea on the kids and parents day and we can arrange a get together in the summer holidays
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now