11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Rickem

Re: 2019 Entry Allocation Scores & Collated Cutoffs

Post by Rickem »

michaeltse wrote:
Macdaddy wrote:
Rickem wrote:CCHSG 335.326

Started off at 23rd, today 11th on w/l
Our DD is now in 6th position having started 18th. Not holding out much hope at this late stage. Sod’s law that most of the other grammar schools waiting lists seem to have moved much more!

Our DD started 13th and now 3rd which a move of 10 places. Where you and the other moved 12 places. Strange!
That is strange. For our DD it would have been 14 places but on two separate occasions she has gone back a place. Just checked; still sitting in position 11. Kind of given up hope now. It's the age standardisation that's been the killer this year. DD is Sept birthday and her friend who got exactly the same 'raw' score, was over 4 more points ahead on the standardised score and got the offer on 1st March. Less than 4 months difference in age so seems unfair to me that it makes such a big difference in standardised score.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

michaeltse wrote:
Macdaddy wrote:
Rickem wrote:CCHSG 335.326

Started off at 23rd, today 11th on w/l
Our DD is now in 6th position having started 18th. Not holding out much hope at this late stage. Sod’s law that most of the other grammar schools waiting lists seem to have moved much more!

Our DD started 13th and now 3rd which a move of 10 places. Where you and the other moved 12 places. Strange!
Simple explanation might be that two out of numbers 14 - 17 inc moved off the waiting list, because either they got places elsewhere or because they decided that they were happy with the state offer they already had or because they also held an indie place and they decided to give up the CCHSG place.

(May actually have been more but close / same day movements involved, of course, but the net effect being the loss from the list of two between your DD and the DD at position 18).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
michaeltse

Post by michaeltse »

Re: CCHSG

I spoke to someone in Essex admissions and they said it's unlikely lists will change anymore until the start of school in September as schools close and that all lists are passed on to the school by then.

The website says:
How long waiting lists are active
We hold waiting lists for Reception, year 3 (for some schools) and year 7 admissions in September 2019 for all oversubscribed schools in Essex until the end of August.

After this, we will continue to maintain waiting lists for any oversubscribed community and voluntary controlled (VC) schools until 31 December.

From 1 September, oversubscribed foundation, voluntary aided (church) schools and Academies maintain their own waiting lists until a minimum of 31 December 2019.
michaeltse

Post by michaeltse »

My DD got offer from SHSG and CCHSG and now we are not sure which one to go choose? Any ideas on how to choose between the 2. They are same distance.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

michaeltse wrote:My DD got offer from SHSG and CCHSG and now we are not sure which one to go choose? Any ideas on how to choose between the 2. They are same distance.
They may be the same distance (22 miles from a point literally halfway between? 50 miles, from a 'triangular' starting point?), but which one is easier to get to from where you live? SHSG is an easy walk from Southend East station on the c2c line, or a bus ride (ten minutes or so if you go to the right bus stop near the station and quite frequent) from Sourhend Victoria on the Greater Anglia line. CCHSG is trickier from the Cchester stations.

Which school did / does your DD prefer? I have no experience of having a DD at CCHSG, but DD attended SHSG for 4 years and I would happily say SHSG over any other school in our area, but we live in the Borough of Southend.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
michaeltse

Post by michaeltse »

ToadMum wrote:
michaeltse wrote:My DD got offer from SHSG and CCHSG and now we are not sure which one to go choose? Any ideas on how to choose between the 2. They are same distance.
They may be the same distance (22 miles from a point literally halfway between? 50 miles, from a 'triangular' starting point?), but which one is easier to get to from where you live? SHSG is an easy walk from Southend East station on the c2c line, or a bus ride (ten minutes or so if you go to the right bus stop near the station and quite frequent) from Sourhend Victoria on the Greater Anglia line. CCHSG is trickier from the Cchester stations.

Which school did / does your DD prefer? I have no experience of having a DD at CCHSG, but DD attended SHSG for 4 years and I would happily say SHSG over any other school in our area, but we live in the Borough of Southend.
Thanks. We visited both schools yesterday and my DD prefered CCHSG. It's smaller but they were building new gym hall and swimming pool which will be ready after October half term.
Rickem

Post by Rickem »

michaeltse wrote:
ToadMum wrote:

Thanks. We visited both schools yesterday and my DD prefered CCHSG. It's smaller but they were building new gym hall and swimming pool which will be ready after October half term.
Congratulations on the offer/s. There is usually a bit of movement once term starts but I don't think it's going to move enough for our DD. She seems very happy where she is though so may be cruel to move her but I doubt we will get to have that dilemma.
Last edited by Rickem on Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

You have indicated on another thread that your DD will be travelling from around Barkingside? That's an awful lot nearer to my second guess re distance than to my first - and about 15 miles further away from CCHSG than from SHSG...
boomzoom

Post by boomzoom »

Does anyone know the FINAL MINIMUM SCORE for KEGS entry for year 2019(for children who appeared for CSSE in year 2018)

a. IC
b. OOC

If no one knows then how do we find out?

Thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

boomzoom wrote:Does anyone know the FINAL MINIMUM SCORE for KEGS entry for year 2019(for children who appeared for CSSE in year 2018)

a. IC
b. OOC

If no one knows then how do we find out?

Thanks
Have you tried asking the school?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now