SS I/C Waiting Room (Awaiting National Offer Day)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Leighmum2019

SS I/C Waiting Room (Awaiting National Offer Day)

Post by Leighmum2019 »

I thought a thread for those of us for whom most of the stress and worry is over might be nice! I looked in the mirror earlier and realised I look ten years younger than this time last week when I hadn't slept a wink all night :lol:

CAF is now submitted - WHSG 1st choice, SHSG 2nd but we'd be happy with either (WHSG easier to get to). I did fill the other spaces but I've heard less i/c girls passed the 303 threshold than reserved places available so guess we're 100% guaranteed one or the other.

How safe is it to assume that i/c kids will get their first choice school? DD is at an SS9 primary school and two other girls passed - WHSG their first choice too. Eight boys passed - all are putting SHSB as first choice.

129 days and counting...!
Dancingmum2007

Re: SS I/C Waiting Room (Awaiting National Offer Day)

Post by Dancingmum2007 »

Hi Leighmum2019,

We have submitted the same as you and like you we would be happy with either school but would prefer WHSG for the distance.

It’s such a long wait until March but I’m sure it will fly by once Christmas is over :D
Appuskidu

Post by Appuskidu »

I can’t believe that was all a week ago!!

I don’t know of any girls in catchment in years who haven’t got their first choice. There were some boys years back who got second choice though-so fingers crossed we’ll be fine :)
Appuskidu

Post by Appuskidu »

It’s odd that the form asks you if you believe that your child can pass the selection test?

I understand that it used to say that when you didn’t know whether they had passed when your form was filled in, but that was a long time ago. I wonder why it doesn’t ask-‘has your child scored over 303 in the 11+ and what was their score?!’
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

It is a standard form and they already have information on qualified applicants. There will be applicants who have either not qualified or not taken the test who may want to give reasons for their application.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Leighmum2019

Post by Leighmum2019 »

Appuskidu wrote:It’s odd that the form asks you if you believe that your child can pass the selection test?

I understand that it used to say that when you didn’t know whether they had passed when your form was filled in, but that was a long time ago. I wonder why it doesn’t ask-‘has your child scored over 303 in the 11+ and what was their score?!’
I just wrote DD’s name, candidate number and standardised score in the comments. I have no idea how they match up all the applications with results etc!

I did feel like I was creating extra, unnecessary, admin for the other three schools I listed!
luvparenting

Post by luvparenting »

I bet the SS I/C Waiting Room is pretty comfortable and cosy. You lucky so-and-sos :D

Roll on National Offer Day!
Appuskidu

Post by Appuskidu »

mitasol wrote:It is a standard form and they already have information on qualified applicants. There will be applicants who have either not qualified or not taken the test who may want to give reasons for their application.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I get the space to add other information, but just wonder why it has a tick box for ‘do you believe your child can pass’ rather than, ‘has your child passed?’.

Good idea to add candidate number and standardised score though-I might edit my form!
TheVMan

Post by TheVMan »

Is it really required to provide any additional information? Isn't it all optional?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

TheVMan wrote:Is it really required to provide any additional information? Isn't it all optional?
No, it isn't and yes, it is. Admissions law dictates that parents must be given the opportunity to add reasons for their application, but this need not be taken into account by the Admissions authority unless it relates to one of the Admissions criteria. For example, if a school's policy has an Exceptional Medical Need criterion, an indication of why you want your child to be considered under it (which would need to be backed up by medical evidence as to why that school is the only one which can meet those needs.

Things like, My best friend says it's good / Ofsted Outstanding/ Mum lives in next road so can pick him up are essentially a waste of keystrokes.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx